Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What Rear Brakes Do I Have
#1
Hi all

had me MOT today and failed on 3 items;

Parking Brake: efficiency below requirements
Parking Brake: brake lever has no reserve travel
Brake Pedal Spongy.

i replaced the front pads and disc in march when i first got the car and have had no leaks in the system since then (that i know of) so am assuming that bleeding should help with the spongyness.

i also replaced the seats last weekend and whilst i hand the plastic around the hand brake out i noticed the adjuster was at max so think i would be best to change the cables. 

Finally i have no service history for the car so got no clue if/when rear shoes where last done so want to replace them at the same time only problem is i've got no clue what the rear brakes are and all the parts sites give me multiple options.

anyone know what should be fitted to a 1.6 8v phase 2 hatchback? if it helps the fronts where Teves when i did them and its not got ABS. also the hand break cables, any one know the correct length ones i need?

would people advice changing the wheel cylinders at the same time?


Messages In This Thread
What Rear Brakes Do I Have - by cateraxe - 27-10-2016, 06:18 PM
RE: What Rear Brakes Do I Have - by Mattcheese31 - 27-10-2016, 06:37 PM
RE: What Rear Brakes Do I Have - by cateraxe - 27-10-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: What Rear Brakes Do I Have - by welshpug - 27-10-2016, 08:22 PM
RE: What Rear Brakes Do I Have - by cateraxe - 27-10-2016, 08:43 PM
RE: What Rear Brakes Do I Have - by Mattcheese31 - 28-10-2016, 12:21 AM
What Rear Brakes Do I Have - by cateraxe - 30-10-2016, 02:09 PM
RE: What Rear Brakes Do I Have - by miles - 07-11-2016, 10:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasty vibration coming from the rear brakes johnny625 9 8,488 12-04-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: johnny625
  Rolling road - split driveshaft boot and binding rear brakes reduce power on graph? MY95 28 13,179 23-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Last Post: tigerstyle
  Rubber Seals around the sliders on bendrix rear brakes mattbarker32 3 2,240 11-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Last Post: mattbarker32

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)