Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X plate 2.0 cabriolet couple of issues
Hi all, 

I have today swapped my rover 75 with my brother for his moonstone cab. ( not too long ago we both had cabriolets). 
His cabriolet has been very well kept i.e some huge bills and masses of paperwork! It has been previously owned by a disabled driver. 

I has spent much of the last 5 years or so stood or doing very little miles in the last 5 years it may have covered 3k miles If that. 

Today has been the first real drive and I have noticed the brakes are extremely senstive i.e you have to be very gentle with the brake pedal otherwise you go through the windscreen. 

I know the handbrake cables need replacing but this should have an affect to this extent.. I can't remember if the phase 3 rear beam has a bias valve compensator?. 

One issue that has plagued this car is... 
The clutch has always been different to the others cabs I have owned ( owned 4 now) and this clutch is more like a button. 

I.e bring the clutch up and it begins to bite if you raise the clutch past this point it just stalls. You have to apply revs it's not easy to explain. 

The clutch has been replaced by the previous owner and has only done approx 2k miles since then. The previous owner thought they were a gti engine and the only thing I can think of is.... if they fitted a gti clutch kit?.. doubt that's even possible we have replaced the clutch cable with a gti6 cable and this did make it a little bit better and a little more controllable. It acts like a sports clutch. Not like any other 306 clutch I have come across. 

Last question is... 
What would make the engine labour at 1,500rpm? When the revs become this low and traffic begins to move or whatever and you accelerate from 1,500 rpm or just below the car jerks violently. In my other cabs this wasn't a problem..  you can pull away but you have to be very very light with the throttle. 

What could be the causes of these niggles?. 

Thanks in advance!!

Rob
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
X plate 2.0 cabriolet couple of issues - by plugy - 30-04-2016, 12:50 AM