Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lowering - Recon axle? Newbie questions
#1
Hey guys,

Bought myself my first 306 last night, great car! First thing on the list, I want to get it down low Rofl Been looking around, and to save myself the hassle of potentially spending hours & hours removing my torsion bars, potentially not setting them up correct, etc, I thought I'd maybe best buying a recon'd axle, then just swapping the entire thing?

AxleDiret.com seems good, 2 year warranty on all their axles? Does anyone have any experience or advice?

Mine is a Ph2 D Turbo, drums on the back. Is it worth upgrading to GTI-6 rear axle? What are the benefits of this? Anything else involved in doing this swap? I notice some people talk about 21mm torsion bars? I'm asking these questions as if I'm sending £200 on an axle, I may as well get the best & do some upgrades whilst I'm there, maybe?

The axles from AxleDirect come lowered to specification, and are £200 delivered which isn't bad? 
http://www.axledirect.com/peugeot_306/

Any help or advice appreciated! 
Thanks!!

PS- I don't intend to track or race the 306, just wondering if any upgrades on the axle is worth doing while I'm there, for minimal extra spend Smile


Messages In This Thread
Lowering - Recon axle? Newbie questions - by Dazecoop - 26-11-2015, 03:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Few questions on Axle and Gearbox Marcus1991 10 8,440 14-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Marcus1991

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)