Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
noise behind glovebox aircon and stop light
thanks all for the input...

So I tested this with ignition on and engine off.... it ran silently for a while but started making the same noise if I gave the bottom of the glove box a good knock....

I took the blower motor out - duct is completely clear of any obstructions and the baffles move as they should when switching between recirculated and inlet air, so no obstructions.

The blower motor itself looks fine, it spins freely enough and the blades (cage) are intact and obstruction free.

Running the blower motor (out of the casing - laying on the floor) its running fine!

After I put the blower motor back in it ran perfectly for most of the day - then hit a (Small) pot hole and it started screeching again!!

It seems as is the blower motor is hitting the casing when the car takes a bump or I go round a tight corner - If I give the bottom of the blower motor a tap it will stop... but at the same time it seems firmly in place!??

confused!!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: noise behind glovebox aircon and stop light - by tomd306 - 27-04-2015, 06:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fan always on + STOP light on dashboard arooscroocked 20 4,734 03-02-2018, 01:50 AM
Last Post: arooscroocked
  Stop light flashing on and off Welshy_Pete 15 3,666 20-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete
  STOP light flashing maffy 9 2,472 04-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Last Post: RetroPug