Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My Td04 Xud9 205
#4
[attachment=16347]When I was running it back and forward to work it handled like a dog despite having a gmax on the front with bilstein shocks on the rear. We stuck gauges on it and found it had positive camber on the osf and negative on the nsf so I bought camber plates to correct it

[attachment=16348]I managed to get a set of compomotives which ill have to drop off to the powdercoaters soon. I'm not keen on black wheels plus they need a freshen up

[attachment=16349]When I first fitted the engine and connected the gear linkages I found a internal problem with the gear box which had come on the engine from the written off 306 so got a spare 1.6 gti box and fitted new clutch arm bushes etc. Iv used them on the xud's before and it's a crazy ratio but should be fine for knockhill. Also it's now a push clutch instead of the heavy pull type. I took a dw8 flywheel into Engine Resource and got it lightened then buttoned everything up

[attachment=16351]

[attachment=16352]

[attachment=16353]I found I had a clearance issue with a the gear linkage and turbo. I couldn't find anything online regrading anyone with the same issue so want sure if it was to do with the dodgy variant of td04 I'm using?
I ended up modifying everything for the greater good lol.
The linkages are now fully rose jointed start to finish with bronze bushes on my DIY quickshift and gear stick . The gear feel very positive to say the least and they now clear the turbo

[attachment=16354]

[attachment=16355]

[attachment=16356]The linkages are all fitted and setup but I'll need to take pics.
I got a 205 derv loom from the scrappys and stated to sort it out with amalgamating tape and p-clip in.

[attachment=16357]I'm planning on making my own screamer pipe soon. Not exactly the normal setup but should sound good.
I'm going to make a divorced downpipe and use the wastegate side as the screamer pipe

[attachment=16358]

[attachment=16359]Can anyone tell me anything about this turbo? If it's really bad, I'll just get another to replace it. Iv had it lying about for years.


Messages In This Thread
My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Boosted-Dturbo - 17-05-2014, 09:52 PM
My Td04 Xud9 205 - by td_dan - 17-05-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Boosted-Dturbo - 17-05-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Boosted-Dturbo - 17-05-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Boosted-Dturbo - 17-05-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by juz22 - 18-05-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Boosted-Dturbo - 18-05-2014, 08:42 AM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Tom - 18-05-2014, 01:02 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Boosted-Dturbo - 18-05-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by ally406 - 18-05-2014, 03:22 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Boosted-Dturbo - 18-05-2014, 03:55 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by ally406 - 18-05-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Boosted-Dturbo - 18-10-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Niall - 18-10-2014, 04:58 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Boosted-Dturbo - 18-10-2014, 05:06 PM
My Td04 Xud9 205 - by rocker8742 - 18-10-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Paul_13 - 19-10-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Boosted-Dturbo - 19-10-2014, 08:59 AM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Boosted-Dturbo - 24-10-2014, 04:47 PM
RE: My Td04 Xud9 205 - by Boosted-Dturbo - 13-06-2015, 08:39 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)