Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of the combustion engine as we know it?
(10-05-2014, 08:47 AM)Poodle Wrote: If you listen to one side it's already too late, listen to the other and pollution is just a hippy theory to earn the government more tax. The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle, but this right here should be the real concern:

(09-05-2014, 08:07 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I think the common destructive factor in that case is human nature.. lmao

What happens when someone discovers a problem that someone else is making money from? You get every useless bastard in the pub spreading theories about how it's all a plan by the government/banks/corporations/USA/freemasons/insert-sensationalist-scapegoat-here to rip everybody off. Now worrying about that really is too late. lmao In the meantime the destructive practices continue and useful debate gets bogged down by political lobbyists and idiots who deny everything in case it upsets their little world.

(09-05-2014, 08:53 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to gauge properly.

And I like to think that people are inherently good, and get conditioned to be greedy lady gardens Tongue

They do say there's one born every minute. Wink I used to think like you then i met some people outside of uni lol. As far as i can tell, there's no "good", just degrees of selfish.

EXACTLY that. Couldn't have put it better myself.

And yeah, you're probably right but I'm too young and life's too long to resign myself to that opinion already Tongue Oh, and you were lucky if the people you met at uni were nice/not selfish, most of the people at UoB are private schooled, molly coddled, 'daddy will pay' arseholes.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The end of the combustion engine as we know it? - by Kezzieboy - 10-05-2014, 10:05 AM