Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of the combustion engine as we know it?
(04-05-2014, 09:07 PM)Grant Wrote: Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4: The Telegraph

Even Rush Limbaugh covered it. But I'm not even going to go there lmao

And how can you not see the benefits of it being over dramatised?

More tax on fuel
Low emissions zone tax
Renewable energy industries
The motor industry as people buy newer 'more efficient' cars
f*ck knows how many hedge funds and their associates
Biofuel companies, which is another source of tax (both at source and point of purchase) for the government.

See where I am going with this?

You seem to have posted almost exclusively articles from right-wing media outlets. Says a lot about the skeptic argument. The one scientific paper you posted was from several years ago, and is one example lost in a sea of papers showing clear evidence that climate change is caused (or being accelerated) by humans.

The benefits you have listed pale into insignificance against the benefits to the establishment of denying climate change. The oil industry is the most profitable in the world, it has caused the invasion of countries and countless regime changes. Oil is the most potent political weapon today, and climate change could unsettle that. You mention hedge funds, there will be a great many more pockets being lined by the success of the oil industry than by renewables.

You'll find that there are more oil and gas companies ranking in the top levels of the global stock market rankings than any other market sector, and I'd be surprised if you found any green energy companies at all.

The rest of your list are tax gains, which only benefit the state, not politicians or the upper classes (or the UN, although I'm not sure what part they play in your conspiracy). Taxes don't line the pockets of politicians, they get a fixed salary, there is no reason for them to encourage more tax to be brought in, other than to increase spending on the welfare state. Hence why the right wing (i.e. Tories) want to decrease taxes, as it will profit them greatly, and the left want them increased, as it benefits the state.

But the most powerful pro-emission reduction argument for those such as yourself is below. It doesn't get any simpler...where are the disadvantages?

[Image: whatIfGetABetterPlanetForNothing.jpg]
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The end of the combustion engine as we know it? - by Kezzieboy - 04-05-2014, 11:54 PM