Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi Starting Issues (lift pump power circuit)
ok, i don't know where the voltages are coming from and i apologise for their innaccuracies.

after some further reading (big thanks to the bba-reman forum & angus on there, helping other people with what seems to be the same problem) i have come to the conclusion i have a break in the wiring between pin 4 & the non motor side of fuse 35. When i do a continuity test on this i get resistance/open circuit.

What i plan to do tomorrow when i get a hold of a good charged battery is test that the motor will run on its own wiring, if i run a wire from pin 8 on the relay plug (should be 12v) to the motor side of Fuse 35. If the pump runs then i know ive definately got a break in the wiring from Pin 4 - F35.

the hard part will probably be stripping the loom, following the wire and finding the break. If i don't find a break or cant follow the loom, i will probably cut the wire at both ends and wire in my own wire. Fingers crossed i dont have to as that's a last resort.

Thanks for the help so far with wiring diagrams etc, hopefully getting to the bottom of this.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: HDi Starting Issues (lift pump power circuit) - by mcglynn - 11-02-2014, 02:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDi Starting issues FuST 9 2,116 27-02-2018, 07:45 AM
Last Post: FuST
  Won't start, think lift pump. daveylennon93 11 3,272 23-01-2017, 09:36 AM
Last Post: daveylennon93
  no power to lift pump thanhhungone 4 1,919 20-01-2016, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Poodle