Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
realistically achieving about 150bhp from my hdi?
(22-11-2013, 05:31 PM)Pipps Wrote: I struggle to see how your original clutch with 127k miles on it can continue to not slip with an 'estimated' 250lb/ft Stage 1 remap now. It's just not possible.

Bullsh*t. It IS possible, as long as the clutch isn't glazed or totally worn out to the point where it doesn't have any friction material left.

I think you'll find that if you have driven properly I.E, not driving along with your foot resting on the clutch or holding it on a hill while stationary, the clamping force actually increases as the clutch wears out.

This is because my 306 is a late registered 2001 'Y' plate. I have owned it since it was a year old, when it had 8k on the clock. I have driven it carefully and maintained it religiously for the last 11 years. The original clutch began slipping at 110k miles a month after installing a 129bhp remap.

See above, I'd like to see a picture of the clutch when it was removed TBH, I'll bet it was either glazed or totally worn out to the point where there was basically no friction material.

our vehicles must have come from the factory with very different OEM clutches fitted(!).

This is Peugeot we're talking about here, anything is possible..

There is no conceivable way that your 306 could have been driven more carefully throughout the course of its life than mine has been over the last 10+ years.

Erm, well there is.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: realistically achieving about 150bhp from my hdi? - by Jonny81191 - 22-11-2013, 05:55 PM