Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
realistically achieving about 150bhp from my hdi?
(22-11-2013, 05:18 PM)Poodle Wrote: I can deny that, i've just had a look through my service history and it seems mine's never had a clutch, so it has done 127k. Rofl Based on that I reckon it's last legs must be better than my first ones lol.

Genuinely dude, you should not need to blow £4/500 on a "proper" clutch for a stage 1 map, it's totally unecessary.

You seem to be agreeing with me without realising it. You also seem to be telling fibbs.

As I said in post #34, I installed a standard Sachs road clutch kit for £150. This is what I advise anyone to do. So there's no need to whine about "£4/500" clutches.

Yet I struggle to see how your original clutch with 127k miles on it can continue to not slip with an 'estimated' 250lb/ft Stage 1 remap now. It's just not possible. I am in a better position than anyone else to know this from experience...

This is because my 306 is a late registered 2001 'Y' plate. I have owned it since it was a year old, when it had 8k on the clock. I have driven it carefully and maintained it religiously for the last 11 years. The original clutch began slipping at 110k miles a month after installing a 129bhp remap.

Now, I don't know what plate your 306 is, but it is highly unlikely to be newer or 'younger' than mine. So yours must be over 12 years old. So if what you're saying about your own original clutch is true, then our vehicles must have come from the factory with very different OEM clutches fitted(!).

There is no conceivable way that your 306 could have been driven more carefully throughout the course of its life than mine has been over the last 10+ years.

So your claim that you are still on your original clutch with 127k miles while running 250lb/ft is simply not supportable. In other words, I don't believe you.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: realistically achieving about 150bhp from my hdi? - by Pipps - 22-11-2013, 05:31 PM