Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going for a bigger car next year....
(14-08-2013, 04:39 PM)Ruan Wrote: I've driven Vectras, Mondeos, Volvos, Alfas... Trust me, the V50 comes out well on top of all of them as far as actual driving enjoyment goes

The thing is this comment is only valid as an opinion

A perfect example was my e46, one of the worst handling cars I've ever driven. RWD is hyped up by all the drift kings out there but hand on heart my mk4 astra handled better.

Asking a forum of car owners what car to buy will only ever lead to biased opinions from people wearing blinkers, it's clear!

Of course Ruan will say buy a Volvo as he's just got one & naturally that means sliced bread has nothing on a Volvo until the novelty wears off... Exactly the same as me with my vectra... I genuinely don't see any better combination of power, looks and economy for the money... I wouldn't as I've spent £3100 of my hard earned cash on one... It's expected for me to reply in such a way! Same with Niall, he used to have a Saab, again naturally a Saab would be a much better choice than a vectra or mondeo on that basis.

Ultimately the Volvo is nice. Seen as a snobby old mans car
Vectra is a common reps car
Saab is dated & lacking in anything appealing
Mondeo is boring & falls apart.

HOWEVER

There are thousands upon thousands of Volvo drivers who love their cars, I'm on the vectra-c forum where people own 2 or 3, love them, spend way too much on them, because they think they are great, again with saabs, they have a following similar to Volvo where people love them and refuse to drive anything unless its got a Saab badge.

It's the same with any car on the market. The fact is there isn't any cars that are not right, the best thing to do is ignore everything in this thread, you've obviously got a short list, go test drive them, see which one works for you.

3 years ago if someone told me I will have owned a vectra for nearly a year in August 13 I would have laughed, I'd never driven one til mine, I'm sure Ruan never thought his daily would be a Volvo estate a couple of years ago!

Times change, car forums are a terrible place as they will only ever be full of blinkered biased views & that will never change.

Good luck with the hunt..
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Going for a bigger car next year.... - by C.A.R. - 14-08-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Going for a bigger car next year.... - by 1616six - 14-08-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: Going for a bigger car next year.... - by C2K - 15-08-2013, 07:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking of a bigger turbo? Dum-Dum 30 4,928 01-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  bigger turbo on a astra 1.7 dti bayley 7 2,782 13-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Oil-burner