Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerflex wishbone bushes...Email from Powerflex!
Yeah i had the smaller bolt (not the one that goes thorough the arb clamp) in place not fully tightened up. Then moved the wishbone down a bit to line it up.
And then put the 2 paint scrapers in the subframe one either side and covered them in grease then covered the powerflex bushes in grease, i held the 2 paint scrapers in place and my mate pushed the wishbone in between them, you need to keep constant pressure on it as it tends to want to spring back out, one went in nicely with just my mate pushing it and the other needed the aid of a hammer, once it was in far enough, you have to guess at that, as you can't see the hole as the paint scraper is in the way, i removed one of the scrapers and slid the bold in to keep it in place before i removed the other one. I don't think it is a job i would have been able to do on my own. I also had the luxury of doing it on a ramp so the car was at a decent height to work on.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: fitting powerflex polybushes....HELP! advice please - by titch - 26-07-2013, 07:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerflex Front Wishbone Bushes gti6man 2 2,212 16-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: miles
  Wishbone bushes mattbarker32 0 992 04-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: mattbarker32
  Wishbones - Meyle HD or Reuse and Powerflex bushes Eeyore 33 10,306 23-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Eeyore