Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over sensitive throttle at certain rpm + low groan
Had this little niggle for a while.

I'll try and describe this the best i can; i believe Poodle also experienced this whilst he was passenger the other week. Both fairly stumped.

Firstly, it doesn't affect the driving too much, but does make a kind of vibration noise.

This issue only really happens (id assume) at around 2.5k/2.7krpm - 4krpm or so.

I'll be acceleratiing and suddenly a heavy 'grrrrrrrrrrrrrr' , not really an agressive sound, but a lower tone to the whole engine noise.

In combination with the sound, comes an overly sensitive throttle, i can literally blip the pedal and the car will jump. When "off" the issue, the car obviously won't jump; similar to a petrol at high rpm "jump" if that makes sense.

The issue doen't happen at speed; it's rpm related, so i can be sat still revving and still hear the low noise.

I hope this has been explained the best as possible, if anyone has any ideas, please chuck it in. The car will be at FCS, so if anyone wants to listen and try and diagnose, be my guest!

Just a little curious i guess; it's done it since the car's been running. A good 4/5 weeks now Smile

I can try get a video if anyone would like.

thanks!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Over sensitive throttle at certain rpm + low groan - by ginge191 - 16-07-2013, 12:02 PM