Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone see anything wrong with this?
Right, from what I can see of the roundabout sign at 1:15, you're coming off the third exit, basically straight on, there's a fourth exit further round, which would appear to be a "right turn" when you look at the roundabout from where you're approaching.

I was always taught when driving that, if there's two lanes approaching a roundabout, the left lane is for turning left and going straight on (ie. your exit) and the right lane is for the "right" turn. Given the lack of road markings it's a tough one to argue, but theoretically anyone in the right lane who wants to take your exit will need to cut across the outer lane of the roundabout to turn off, hence needing to give way to anyone in your lane.

The fact your exit is only really one lane makes it a tight squeeze, but as you both work in the area you will both know the road layout, neither of you can plead "oh i didnt know the area" and she certainly can't say she didn't expect anyone in your lane.. you arent the only one doing it.

Personally if I got hauled in for that i'd be giving both barrels. The footage shows nothing wrong and it sounds like she was looking for a scapegoat to vent some hot air. Road markings would benefit people MASSIVELY in those situations, at the moment it looks to be down to common sense until some white arrows dictate what is right and wrong. And common sense states that she should look out of her nearside mirror before manouvering off the roundabout. Y'know, like we're all taught to...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Anyone see anything wrong with this? - by Ben Jay - 16-06-2013, 01:33 AM
RE: Anyone see anything wrong with this? - by cwspellowe - 16-06-2013, 08:32 PM