Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Maggie Thatcher. National Iconic Leader
(18-04-2013, 10:55 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: It hasn't saved shit all money though, and the Tories have admitted that, they're just trying to screw over the poor and help the rich/themselves (with the recent tax cut) just like the Tories always have.

And marty, I refer you to my previous post re: benefits. It's a tiny, tiny minority that abuse the system.

I didn't say it was an epidemic, it was an off topic rant aimed at people around me who have a better standard of living without having to work at all.

I didn't say they were cheating the system either. If you meet certain criteria you get money thrown at you, one family I know has a Brighthouse account and is paying around £300 a month on stuff, big TV's in every room, games consoles, furniture, new phones.. how can that be fair when I can't afford them?

As small a problem as you think the benefits system is, you have to acknowledge that it needs to be means tested to a certain standard of living. Individual circumstances are different for everyone, rather than ticking boxes and qualifying for a huge income, why not put a cap on them based on family size and expenditure?

f*ck's sake, before the crisis loan system changed I knew people who would claim one every week to be able to buy a bottle and get pissed with their pals.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: RIP Maggie Thatcher. National Iconic Leader - by cwspellowe - 18-04-2013, 11:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National 3 peaks challenge - Raising for Childrens Hospital ben306 0 1,406 13-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Last Post: ben306