Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ran out of fuel for the first time D:
(27-02-2013, 12:41 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(27-02-2013, 09:14 AM)Toms306 Wrote: The estate weighs about 1200kg, so yeah about 100kg difference, however being an estate its more likely the stuff inside it that reduces mpg more than the extra overhang at the back. 100bhp/tonne isnt really enough imo, especially without any earodynamics, cruising gear or cruise control, and obviously anything extra inside reduces that power:weight even further. It always feels like its struggling and 'cant be arsed' tbh, both mine and Rowells felt the same so its not just that mines broken in this case, but maybe its because I got used to a car that didn't struggle...until I ruined it with a big laggy turbo.

However, I've got an idea the Y reg HDis had a slight management change, to make sure the emmisions were low enough for the 'new' tax system. Could be completely wrong but all the high mpg HDis seem to be newer ones (yours, Kezzieboys, oil-burners, etc) which are all Ys. Might just be a coincidence though.

and then i replaced my MAF sensor and it was a lot faster and more economical!

And sean how the hell are you getting 650 out of a tank!

I dont drive round with anything in it apart from me, some jackets and a sub and tiny amp. Its had a second MAF put on it which improved things and all the tyres pressures are at 35 which is what they are meant to be? Its not as if i drive it particularly hard. I guess its because i do 260 miles on the motorway and the rest is all in town driving! If i was on motorway from start to finish im sure i could get about 580 out of it. Cant think of any reason why it shouldnt be getting 650. 150 miles difference just because im doing some town driving and its 100kg more?

Also when i started this morning the engine management light came on D: There was no difference in the drive so ive left it with the battery disconnected whilst im in uni today! Also had a quick check that could unlock the car with the key and the boot and drivers door doesnt work with the key! D: only the passenger door unlocks! D:

Sam I bet your motorway speed has something to do with your fuel consumption.... Tbh I would expect over 650miles to a 60 litre tank from a HDi. But it seems you either get a good one or a bad one, nothing in between, no one has found the magical mpg raising part yet though...there must be something failed on the bad ones that makes a huge difference, we just don't know what yet!

And whats up with the key lol?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - by Eeyore - 26-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - by vlj - 26-02-2013, 10:55 PM
RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - by Toms306 - 27-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - by vlj - 27-02-2013, 09:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hammer time ... no wait MOT time, err same thing! Megamonkey 13 13,803 19-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Megamonkey