Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ran out of fuel for the first time D:
(27-02-2013, 09:14 AM)Toms306 Wrote: The estate weighs about 1200kg, so yeah about 100kg difference, however being an estate its more likely the stuff inside it that reduces mpg more than the extra overhang at the back. 100bhp/tonne isnt really enough imo, especially without any earodynamics, cruising gear or cruise control, and obviously anything extra inside reduces that power:weight even further. It always feels like its struggling and 'cant be arsed' tbh, both mine and Rowells felt the same so its not just that mines broken in this case, but maybe its because I got used to a car that didn't struggle...until I ruined it with a big laggy turbo.

However, I've got an idea the Y reg HDis had a slight management change, to make sure the emmisions were low enough for the 'new' tax system. Could be completely wrong but all the high mpg HDis seem to be newer ones (yours, Kezzieboys, oil-burners, etc) which are all Ys. Might just be a coincidence though.

Mines W reg!
Just service your car I'm sure you'll start to see a bit more economy out of it, you are either driving it incredibly wrong or the car is broken
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - by Eeyore - 26-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - by vlj - 26-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - by vlj - 27-02-2013, 09:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hammer time ... no wait MOT time, err same thing! Megamonkey 13 13,661 19-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Megamonkey