Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHS Dentist [rant]
So i was eating chewing gum the other night at work and to my discontent i felt somehing very hard come out, in total, it weighed about the same as a 1p piece and was a fairly large chunk of filling come out from my back tooth.

Now i've not had a dentist for many years now and all the previous dental work i had done was done through my orphodontist at the hospital - i had teeth removed, braces, fillings and so on...

I phoned the NHs direct line on sunday to get something sorted - she told me to get to a pharmacy and get some temporary filling, Cavit its called, and to call back when they were open, mon-fri, 9-5....

So i rang this morning as soon as i woke at 8:30, got through to the Hampshire and IOW area and explained the following...

Me: "Hi, i had a filling fall out the other night and need to get it replaced, its right at the back of my mouth, quite a large filling.."

Her: "Ok, could you tell me what area you are in?

Isle of Wight

Do you have any SEVERE BLEEDING or in SEVERE PAIN?

errm no... obviously otherwise i would be at A&E by now..

Im sorry sir but there are no dentists that are available in your area..

Ok, when are they available..?

Im sorry there are no dentists taking new patients, i can give you the complaints line if you wish

Love, i dont want to complain, i want my tooth fixed...

*awquard silence....*

Im sorry sir but thats the criteria you must meet to be entitled to an emergenct apointment

So the only way i can get this fixed now is through private care?

I'm afraid so

Doh What an absoloute cock of a service. Useless! whats the point in an NHS?!! please!? from what i see, i may for my repeat prescriptions, i pay for any other medication, i pay for now my dental care, so what do i get from this deal Mr Clegg?!

[/rant]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
NHS Dentist [rant] - by ginge191 - 30-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Re: NHS Dentist [rant] - by Niall - 30-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Re: NHS Dentist [rant] - by Grant - 30-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Re: NHS Dentist [rant] - by Dum-Dum - 30-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Re: NHS Dentist [rant] - by 4WayDiablo - 30-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Re: NHS Dentist [rant] - by ginge191 - 30-01-2012, 05:29 PM
NHS Dentist [rant] - by Jonny b - 30-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Re: NHS Dentist [rant] - by ginge191 - 31-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Re: NHS Dentist [rant] - by ginge191 - 31-01-2012, 04:11 PM