Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i get a fuel sensor (New Stage 2)?
Hi Pipps,

I'm not 100% right now on turbo.

I have a few guys with K03 hybrids that are wanting their cars tuning soon, but several have bought existing kit so the detail of the spec is hard to know. I had experience with Chris Bryn's 306 with a GT15 and a K03 hybrid too, but again the exact spec is unknown but I'm fairly certain 180bhp is possible at the higher end, 3750-4250rpm kinda region on standard pump/injectors/sensor... torque might suffer a bit but that is no bad thing in my view.

I have one customer right now (HDi110 with K03) wanting to go hybrid and is specifically speccing up in the leanest possible fashion. Ie, cheapest route for the biggest gains to get enough flow/efficiency to run the HP pump/injectors at the happier end of their efficiency range.

It might not be for everyone but there is a glaring hole between stage 2 150bhp @ 3250rpm with a standard clutch tune, and 200bhp VNT jobbies that probably cost another £1500 to achieve over a basic stage 2.

If you could fit a hybrid to a basic stage 2 and run a standard OEM clutch with 180bhp @ 3750-4250rpm and 250lbft at 2750rpm you'd have something pretty nippy for, hopefully, not much cash more than basic stage 2.
You also get a lot more road speed per gear as it revs further with reasonable output which is exactly what these cars are crying out for.

Hoping to get this done in April/May time and then the spec can be shared, and if people want it they can order it all, fit it, and be reasonably guaranteed to hit the figures.
The only issue is gonna be HP pumps/injectors. If they are not healthy it'll show weaknesses, but so does a high torque stage 2 tune soooo...

Hmmm

Overall though, the turbo you'd pick depends on your goal. You kinda need to set a goal and then work back to see what you need and what is the best choice.

The best turbo for an otherwise standard FMIC car with a standard but good clutch *seems* to be something along the lines of a K03 hybrid that just plays to all the benefits of the standard bits!

Dave
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should i get a fuel sensor (New Stage 2)? - by Mr Whippy - 15-01-2013, 12:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hdi fuel piping/sensor query... allanallen 1 989 27-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Upgraded fuel pump and pressure sensor JTaylor2005 18 4,654 04-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Turbo, Egr and fuel rail sensor fault Daniel306 15 2,763 07-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Daniel306