Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are cylinder pressure and boost pressure inextricably linked
ginge191 Wrote:So would this have any impact on torque levels at all??

I'm trying to get my head around a way of getting a decent low end boost from a derv without resorting to massive changes in the engine. I'm already running a bosch setup a small KKK turbo at 18psi, runs recently nicely and has a nice boost low end - trying to get a bit more - getting an FMIC sorted soon.

In theory if you have the same amount of air and fuel going in then you have the same size of explosion during the combustion cycle (same amount of force pushing piston down-turning force on crank) as you would if you reached the same level of boost higher up the revs so you should reach peak torque sooner in the revs as the extra air will be available sooner, clear as mud?! lol

Also in theory FMIC wont make all that much difference as long as your not staying on full boost for prolonged periods of time (as if you do the TMIC will struggle to cool the increase in charge temps) and worth considering is that the longer the pipework the more space you have to fill with boosted air before it reaches the engine resulting in (marginally) more lag so distance from turbo-inlet should be as short as possible.
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Re: Are cylinder pressure and boost pressure inextricably li - by mark_airey - 16-01-2012, 03:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Priming Bulb Not Holding Pressure leswoollam 4 1,635 30-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Help repairing/replacing high pressure PAS pipe heyitsroth 2 1,625 03-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  Problem turbo pressure gt2056s niciou 6 3,282 30-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Last Post: niciou