Club behaviour

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Club behaviour
Pugfest has been and gone and I'm sure we all enjoyed it but it has highlighted a few nasty issues which need to be addressed.

The first and most important is messing with peoples cars. Im rather shocked to hear that a few members have had their wheel bolts loosened off whilst parked on the stand. Now, I'm not saying this is someone from OC. I don't know who it is but i don't want it carrying on and if i find out who it is, i will not hesitate to pass their details to the police. Its not a joke. It could potentially be deadly! If anyone does have any information as to who it is, please do let me know.
I also don't like the fact that members have had parts stolen from their cars. It may "just be" a dust cap but its still theft and its the sort of thing that gives the car scene a bad name.

Next, behaviour at meets. Im pretty sure we all mostly had a good time camping and as per usual, we all had one too many to drink but if you can't handle your drink, don't drink. We are all adults and should know what our limits are. 
Due to the behaviour of two members of this club, i had to physically stop them from getting into a fight. Their attitude ruined the atmosphere, annoyed a lot of people and paints a bad image for the club. If anyone does this in the future, they will be told they are not allowed to join the club at future meets, no exceptions.

Finally, "Banter". Ive never known a club before where we have such a good relationship with each other that we can all have a lot of banter and I'm really happy with that but people need to realise where to stop. We all have triggers that piss us off and if someone makes it clear to you that they do not appreciate what you think is banter, it stops there. That goes for on the forum and at meets. If someone makes it clear that they don't like something, that stops being banter and becomes bullying which will not be tolerated here. I won't hesitate to ban people if they do continue with this.

Sorry to put a downer on things but this weekend really highlighted a few weaknesses in what is mostly, an awesome club and them weaknesses are going to stop now. If it does continue then as i say, i won't have any hesitation in banning people from the forum and make it perfectly clear to them that they are not welcome at club meets in the future. Other than that, thanks for an awesome weekend all!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 07:26 PM)Niall Wrote: Pugfest has been and gone and I'm sure we all enjoyed it but it has highlighted a few nasty issues which need to be addressed.

The first and most important is messing with peoples cars. Im rather shocked to hear that a few members have had their wheel bolts loosened off whilst parked on the stand. Now, I'm not saying this is someone from OC. I don't know who it is but i don't want it carrying on and if i find out who it is, i will not hesitate to pass their details to the police. Its not a joke. It could potentially be deadly! If anyone does have any information as to who it is, please do let me know.
I also don't like the fact that members have had parts stolen from their cars. It may "just be" a dust cap but its still theft and its the sort of thing that gives the car scene a bad name.

Next, behaviour at meets. Im pretty sure we all mostly had a good time camping and as per usual, we all had one too many to drink but if you can't handle your drink, don't drink. We are all adults and should know what our limits are. 
Due to the behaviour of two members of this club, i had to physically stop them from getting into a fight. Their attitude ruined the atmosphere, annoyed a lot of people and paints a bad image for the club. If anyone does this in the future, they will be told they are not allowed to join the club at future meets, no exceptions.

Finally, "Banter". Ive never known a club before where we have such a good relationship with each other that we can all have a lot of banter and I'm really happy with that but people need to realise where to stop. We all have triggers that piss us off and if someone makes it clear to you that they do not appreciate what you think is banter, it stops there. That goes for on the forum and at meets. If someone makes it clear that they don't like something, that stops being banter and becomes bullying which will not be tolerated here. I won't hesitate to ban people if they do continue with this.

Sorry to put a downer on things but this weekend really highlighted a few weaknesses in what is mostly, an awesome club and them weaknesses are going to stop now. If it does continue then as i say, i won't have any hesitation in banning people from the forum and make it perfectly clear to them that they are not welcome at club meets in the future. Other than that, thanks for an awesome weekend all!
We need to all muck in and clear up as well.me and niall spent a good twenty minutes clearing rubbish before most woke up
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
And why did someone feel the need to snap a branch off of one of the trees around your camp area

I was camping pretty close to you guys, didn't know anyone so didn't pop over. All seemed to be going well and looked as though you were having a laugh. But maybe a few too many beers led to someone being silly and snapping the branch, I saw it happen and wasn't too pleased.

Yes there was mess around but think a lot of campers were doing this too. Is silly things like a rubbish sack that gets forgotten but really helps.

Glad to hear you all had a good time, shame about the car vandalism.
Thanks given by:
Amen to what Niall said.

Generally, there are no issues, but recently its just been going in the wrong direction and this must change.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
I had a good time meeting everyone for the first time. Didn't notice any issues but that's because I'm mates with Jimbo and he's the biggest self confessed c**k I know.
Thanks given by:
Its a shame you get some people that go over the top, and don't know when to stop.
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 07:34 PM)Mrs puglove Wrote: [quote pid='545481' dateline='1436816092']
We need to all muck in and clear up as well.me and niall spent a good twenty minutes clearing rubbish before most woke up

[/quote]

Thanks Kerry, this is a point i meant to make but forgot. I know mess is inevitable but it needs to be cleared up. As Kerry says, us two and another members girlfriend spent 20 minutes tidying up and I've been told that several members had to do more tidying up after i left. Thats not a good look for us at all!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Also I think we all need to watch out for each other too and each others property too, to prevent things like what has happened, from happening again! Don't give the arse wipe a hiding, just have a word with their group admin and they hopefully should be asked to leave.
Thanks given by:
Personally I always clean up my own mess totally, don't mind helping with whatever but if everyone does as i do there's no need lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Was a good day yesterday and agree with what   has been said 
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Seriously worrying to hear people were loosening wheel bolts.
that really makes you think there are some purely idiotic people bringing a really great thing down. I hope they find who did it and contact the police.

Otherwise what a great day had. See you all next year.
now off to check my wheel bolts I think....
Thanks given by:
A thread like this has been needed for a little while now, fair points, and I'm sure that most will have no problems adhering to what's been said.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Honestly? I haven't seen much change in the years i've been coming to meets, the biggest change has been in the people in charge of the club. Not in a bad way, it's all a lot more maturely managed these days, but it's quite funny to see from my perspective. I seem to remember a certain admin and his best mate wandering around with a fire extinguisher powered airhorn a couple of years ago, and we won't talk about how well they handled their drink.... Wink

I, personally, think it's great the way the club is going, it's a much more inclusive and accepting place to be these days. A couple of years ago many of our newer members probably wouldn't have considered joining up, and if they had they wouldn't have lasted long. Yes, there was some silliness at the show and a very small minority took things too far, but there will always be people like that wherever you go. The important thing is the club's reaction to that behaviour, bizarre as it may seem i see this thread as a positive thing, a sign that the club and community as a whole is maturing.

This shouldn't detract from the seriousness of Niall's post in any way though, those few rogue elements should reconsider their behaviour before attending any more meets. This is especially important at shows where we must remember each and every one of us is a representative of the club and other people will view us as such.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
This is something that has been needed for a while I think, and I don't think it will take much from any of us, just a little more "think then act" rather than the other way around.

Can I also say, I noticed a few nasty burnt patches on the grass. None were in our BBQ area in the middle, and its hard to say if the ones I saw were on the fringes of our camp or another clubs, but Prescott is a great venue and I'm not at all happy that someone has selfishly defaced it, same with the trees having branches snapped off.

As for the tampering with cars, I don't believe its anyone from here, but if it is, it stops now.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I don't normally get involved with stuff like this, because it's up to people what they do but...

From what I've seen at a couple of meets there's a few people that are just way to loud, and because I'm not normally next to you guys, you can hear people talking about the odd guy who's acting like the idiot.

Just doesn't look good, and sort of puts me off going to mingle. Mainly because I really wouldn't want people staring, and thinking look at those bunch of c**ks.
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 06:05 AM)Poodle Wrote: Honestly? I haven't seen much change in the years i've been coming to meets, the biggest change has been in the people in charge of the club. Not in a bad way, it's all a lot more maturely managed these days, but it's quite funny to see from my perspective. I seem to remember a certain admin and his best mate wandering around with a fire extinguisher powered airhorn a couple of years ago, and we won't talk about how well they handled their drink.... Wink

I, personally, think it's great the way the club is going, it's a much more inclusive and accepting place to be these days. A couple of years ago many of our newer members probably wouldn't have considered joining up, and if they had they wouldn't have lasted long. Yes, there was some silliness at the show and a very small minority took things too far, but there will always be people like that wherever you go. The important thing is the club's reaction to that behaviour, bizarre as it may seem i see this thread as a positive thing, a sign that the club and community as a whole is maturing.

This shouldn't detract from the seriousness of Niall's post in any way though, those few rogue elements should reconsider their behaviour before attending any more meets. This is especially important at shows where we must remember each and every one of us is a representative of the club and other people will view us as such.

Alex I think that's the most sensible post you've come out with to date Wink
A lot of this makes for sad reading to be honest. I know some can be a bit loud but the fact that some newer members are embarrassed to get involved really upsets me to be honest. We are a friendly club. I don't know anyone here who you can't have a proper laugh with and even with newer people joining, it's like a big family rather than just a bunch of dudes you've met on the Internet. 
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
As you all know I attended with two of my friends, who both enjoyed themselves and everyone was really welcoming to them! But a few got so drunk and couldn't handle themselves a few got injured and it was just embarrassing to see, being a first meet I've camped at I did enjoy myself but the odd few was 3/4 guys who needed a firm word about knowing when to stop. But as said - the horrific snoring I heard I had an awesome weekend Smile and I will camp again
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 08:41 AM)Sian Wrote: As you all know I attended with two of my friends, who both enjoyed themselves and everyone was really welcoming to them! But a few got so drunk and couldn't handle themselves a few got injured and it was just embarrassing to see, being a first meet I've camped at I did enjoy myself but the odd few was 3/4 guys who needed a firm word about knowing when to stop. But as said - the horrific snoring I heard I had an awesome weekend Smile and I will camp again
I'm really glad you enjoyed it Sian, I've always thought its a shame you don't camp because you always get in on all the jokes and make a point of talking to everyone, which I why I made a point of trying to talk you into it. I thought you'd love it. Your mates were great fun as well, and even though they didn't know many people you wouldn't have thought that by 1am [emoji38]

On a general note, we've all said that were saddened by this and that, and I genuinely am, but at least we now know what's been done wrong and where we can improve. The next big meet will be the FCS Expo at Donington at the end of September, and considering its earlier than last year camping may be an option, but even if not, and if its a hotel thing, I hope as many of you as can make it do, because we'll make it better [emoji1]

I'm genuinely proud of this club, my involvement in running it, the friends I've met, the members we have, the stuff we've done, and what we stand for. This is a special place, and we should all be proud.

Organisers can give best club awards to other clubs but I don't give a single shiny shite about that, we know where we want to be, and that's why we're all reading this now.

Much love [emoji8]
Thanks given by:
I wasn't there but I bet DumDum is the main culprit here.

Ironic being a civil servant.

Sorry DumDum, love you bro. <3
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 09:51 AM)silverzx Wrote: I wasn't there but I bet DumDum is the main culprit here.

Not at all, Officer Millar was on his best behaviour [emoji13]
Thanks given by: dhdcdarchy
(14-07-2015, 08:04 AM)Lwilliams Wrote: I don't normally get involved with stuff like this, because it's up to people what they do but...

From what I've seen at a couple of meets there's a few people that are just way to loud, and because I'm not normally next to you guys, you can hear people talking about the odd guy who's acting like the idiot.

Just doesn't look good, and sort of puts me off going to mingle. Mainly because I really wouldn't want people staring, and thinking look at those bunch of c**ks.

Have to sort of agree with this I was also camping close to you guys and didn't really feel I wanted to come over as there was a few people being loud and didn't want to be stared at or judged by coming over, saying that the show Sunday was great and enjoy being part of the forum and the two shows I've been to with you guys have been good!
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2015, 07:30 PM)Mole man Wrote:
(14-07-2015, 08:04 AM)Lwilliams Wrote: I don't normally get involved with stuff like this, because it's up to people what they do but...

Have to sort of agree with this I was also camping close to you guys and didn't really feel I wanted to come over as there was a few people being loud and didn't want to be stared at or judged by coming over, saying that the show Sunday was great and enjoy being part of the forum and the two shows I've been to with you guys have been good!

Glad I'm not the only one Tongue
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 09:51 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(14-07-2015, 08:41 AM)Sian Wrote: As you all know I attended with two of my friends, who both enjoyed themselves and everyone was really welcoming to them! But a few got so drunk and couldn't handle themselves a few got injured and it was just embarrassing to see, being a first meet I've camped at I did enjoy myself but the odd few was 3/4 guys who needed a firm word about knowing when to stop. But as said - the horrific snoring I heard I had an awesome weekend Smile and I will camp again
I'm really glad you enjoyed it Sian, I've always thought its a shame you don't camp because you always get in on all the jokes and make a point of talking to everyone, which I why I made a point of trying to talk you into it. I thought you'd love it. Your mates were great fun as well, and even though they didn't know many people you wouldn't have thought that by 1am [emoji38]

On a general note, we've all said that were saddened by this and that, and I genuinely am, but at least we now know what's been done wrong and where we can improve. The next big meet will be the FCS Expo at Donington at the end of September, and considering its earlier than last year camping may be an option, but even if not, and if its a hotel thing, I hope as many of you as can make it do, because we'll make it better [emoji1]

I'm genuinely proud of this club, my involvement in running it, the friends I've met, the members we have, the stuff we've done, and what we stand for. This is a special place, and we should all be proud.

Organisers can give best club awards to other clubs but I don't give a single shiny shite about that, we know where we want to be, and that's why we're all reading this now.

Much love [emoji8]

thanks Liam! I really enjoyed myself as did Mel and Dan! I will defo camp again Smile I felt more involved in the club and what not was a great laugh! I may attend the expo depends when the date is!
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 09:51 AM)silverzx Wrote: I wasn't there but I bet DumDum is the main culprit here.

Don't you dare call me a civil servant again. Crown Servant!
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2015, 03:00 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Popcorn
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2015, 03:00 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Quote:A Crown servant is an officer of the United Kingdom government. A Crown servant posted overseas is usually a member of HM forces or a person employed by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.15 Feb 2010

Quote:A civil servant or public servant is a person in the public sector employed for a government department or agency. The extent of civil servants of a state as part of the "civil service" varies from country to country.

Interesting...
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
It's a weird one.I've been here 3-4 years maybe and still feel it's hard to integrate at meets(maybe where I live,I dunno).

But at meets all the loudness is a front as soon as you get passed that and start talking everyone's ace,obviously people have they groups inside the forum but I think 90 percent of people would easily talk to others.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2015, 03:14 PM)7057sam Wrote: It's a weird one.I've been here 3-4 years maybe and still feel it's hard to integrate at meets(maybe where I live,I dunno).

But at meets all the loudness is a front as soon as you get passed that and start talking everyone's ace,obviously people have they groups inside the forum but I think 90 percent of people would easily talk to others.
agree with that Sam, the loudness is just high jinx, they really are all a great bunch when u get to know them, people always sharing food and beer, helping with others cars, I genuinely love this club and it's members, you've got to give us a chance or it's all just speculation lol Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2015, 03:23 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(17-07-2015, 03:14 PM)7057sam Wrote: It's a weird one.I've been here 3-4 years maybe and still feel it's hard to integrate at meets(maybe where I live,I dunno).

agree with that Sam, the loudness is just high jinx, they really are all a great bunch when u get to know them, people always sharing food and beer, helping with others cars, I genuinely love this club and it's members, you've got to give us a chance or it's all just speculation lol Smile

The loudness is just high spirits because we haven't seen each other for a long time, its just a lot of high-fiving and man-hugging. Not being funny mate but if I don't see some of my non car forum mates for 6 months we do the same. It's just some peoples nature, I'm loud, brash and offensive, its my way.
Thanks given by:
I'll echo the thoughts of others and state how much i really do like this club. I'm reasonably quiet at meets due to a slight shyness, and not the loudest in the forum talk, but everyone I've met in person has really made me feel welcome in the short while I've been here, you're a cool bunch! A point that was sadly hammered home to me when i missed this year's pugfest, i haven't got my 306oc friends fix! Sad
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by: