Taking apart ve pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking apart ve pump
Basically I want to get a jump on my newest pump build. Is have a 11mm landy pump to strip out for the head. Is it ok I I took the head off and left the head for a week??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Ye should be okay BT just do Wat I do and rap the head up In a cloth and then put it in a bag just case that Wat I do and never had a problem 
Thanks given by:
Yea but I'd be inclined to put it into a container of clean diesel, if you have it somewhere damp they don't be long starting to get corrod on them.
Thanks given by:
Ok. Might find a lunch box to stick it in and fill with derv. Then strip and clean other pump.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
I've had them sitting for a while in bits before, I just bagged the parts up wrapped in blue roll soaked in diesel/maintenance spray/whatever I could find to keep moisture out.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Well if I can get it all done at once it would be lovely but time just doesn't allow it. Also just realised the seal kit I bought doesn't come with input shaft seal!
Thanks given by:
You may already no hw to do this BT if not here is a link came in very handy for me when I first built mine back to getther with vaines 

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/ve-inj...17456.html
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've seen it before. Thanks for the link though. I had a scrap one I e taken apart and put back together just to get used to it.
Thanks given by:
A few days/weeks will be ok.

A bit off topic, but I had a plastic bucket full of parts, filled with red diesel, and then a sealed lid. Came back to it probably a year later, and literally everything in there is scrap now, about three pumps worth! And yes, everything was still covered in diesel. So moral of the story, if you are storing for a long period of time, keep an eye on it, probably best to change the diesel every so often!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Diesel is hygroscopic so I'm not surprised they were ruined after a year lol.
Thanks given by:
Well the head is now stored in diesel in a sealed container until next week when I have time to do the rest. Just out of interest our input shaft seal on the pug pump is 17mm isn't it? Need to know to order one.
Thanks given by:
if you're planning on storing it for a while, put it in engine oil. I too have had two tubs of parts stored in diesel, only to come back a year later, and find them covered in thick gunge, and a layer of rust Sad
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2015, 06:03 AM)Chairchild Wrote: if you're planning on storing it for a while, put it in engine oil. I too have had two tubs of parts stored in diesel, only to come back a year later, and find them covered in thick gunge, and a layer of rust Sad

Hopefully only a week in diesel so they should be fine I think.
Thanks given by:
I stripped an 11mm pump (apparently) and left internals out all over the bench for 4 weeks and fitted them with no problems.

To add to this, ive even stripped pumps with rusty internals that have still ran fine
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking off stop solenoid? Bananalad 6 3,743 01-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Bananalad