Batteries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batteries
What battery would be best for a HDI? Not sure about all the types and stuff :/ cheers Smile 
Thanks given by:
biggest that fits the box, 075 iirc.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Use your reg on ECP, it'll show the batteries that are the right spec.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Welshpug!
Tom ive tried that but just not sure what half the number and stuff mean Smile
Thanks given by:
Use google to check what they are then lol... Mostly bigger numbers are better... Higher CCA is always good.
Thanks given by:
As Tom said, just google it. Incase you're too lazy to even do that, i've done it for you

http://bit.ly/1EjZx0z Tongue
Thanks given by:
Ah is how much power the battery physically holds. Theoretically on a 65ah battery you could draw 65a for one hour. Ah (amp hour)

Cca (cold cranking amps) the amount of amps the battery can throw out for a short period of time. The higher the better with both really tbf. Less chance of flat battery and better cold starting Smile
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2015, 05:05 AM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Ah is how much power the battery physically holds. Theoretically on a 65ah battery you could draw 65a for one hour. Ah (amp hour)

Cca (cold cranking amps) the amount of amps the battery can throw out for a short period of time. The higher the better with both really tbf. Less chance of flat battery and better cold starting Smile

Cheers! Thats what I was looking for Smile
Repped Smile
Thanks given by:
Peugeot 306 (Facelift) 2.0Hdi Diesel 2001 – HIGHER SPEC 027T RECOMMENDED 027

Battery Code 027T, Voltage 12, Ampere – Hour 62, CCA550, Lx243, Wx175, Hx190, Kg16, STD Din Post terminals,
Battery Code 027, Voltage12, Ampere – Hour 60, CCA540, Lx243, Wx175, Hx190, Kg16, STD Din Post terminals,

autodata list the HDI battery as a RC 12

Ah,
Ampere-hours (A·h) is a measure of electrical charge that a battery can deliver. This quantity is one indicator of the total amount of charge that a battery is able to store and deliver at its rated voltage. Its value is the product of the discharge current (in amperes), multiplied by the duration (in hours) for which this discharge current can be sustained by the battery.

CA,
Cranking amperes (CA), also sometimes referred to as marine cranking amperes (MCA), is the amount of current a battery can provide at 32 °F (0 °C). The rating is defined as the number of amperes a lead-acid battery at that temperature can deliver for 30 seconds and maintain at least 1.2 volts per cell (7.2 volts for a 12 volt battery).

CCA,
Cold cranking amperes (CCA) is the amount of current a battery can provide at 0 °F (−18 °C). The rating is defined as the current a lead-acid battery at that temperature can deliver for 30 seconds and maintain at least 1.2 volts per cell (7.2 volts for a 12-volt battery).

HCA,
Hot cranking amperes (HCA) is the amount of current a battery can provide at 80 °F (26.7 °C). The rating is defined as the current a lead-acid battery at that temperature can deliver for 30 seconds and maintain at least 1.2 volts per cell (7.2 volts for a 12-volt battery).

RCM or RC,
Reserve capacity minutes (RCM), also referred to as reserve capacity (RC), is a battery's ability to sustain a minimum stated electrical load; it is defined as the time (in minutes) that a lead-acid battery at 80 °F (27 °C) will continuously deliver 25 amperes before its voltage drops below 10.5 volts.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Thanks very much Cully, repped too Smile 
Thanks given by:
In case you are wondering about brands, don't just go with a cheapy one. Most people think a battery is just a battery but far from it.
If you go to ECP, you will get either a Bosch or a Exide. I used to have a Bosch S4 and was severely disappointed. It failed within the warranty and i think a few on here have also have that issue. I had it changed at Halfords for a Yuasa and apparently they don't do Bosch any more due to the high failure rate.
Surprisingly, for a cheap brand Exide normally last for years! Personally, i only use Yuasa batteries at work (not car batteries) and they are great. Never fail prematurely hence why I'm happy to have one on my car now
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Cheers Niall!
Was thinking of getting a Varta one as thats whats currently on the car and its been good
Although Yuasa rated very well Smile 
Thanks given by:
Varta are also very good for cheap batteries. We use them at work for some of the smaller batteries and again, have no issues with them
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah, Bosch are IMHO rubbish and don't deserve to be branded premium batteries. I've had no end of trouble with them. Go for an exide from ECP (444770276) or the Yuasa from Halfords. I don't know where you'd buy Varta from, but that'd be another decent option.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Cheers lads
Can get Varta from eBay at a good price Jonny Smile 
Thanks given by:
i bought my new one from Battery

i run a Hankook battery, was cheaper on there ebay shop, its 72AH and 610Cold Crank
Thanks given by:
Exide have never let me down, using a 62/640 at the mo iirc.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
i have a HUGE exide one in the vitara, (its slightly bigger than the HDi one..) and it had been sat for a good 3 months without being touched, (inside however) and was fully charged when i checked, and also turned over straight away, starting first time..

Its one of the Calcium ones (rather than lead acid) too, because of the angles the vitara was at when offroading.

i also noted it seemed to start more easily with it as well compared to the other ok one i had in there.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: