Wishbones - Meyle HD or Reuse and Powerflex bushes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wishbones - Meyle HD or Reuse and Powerflex bushes
Hi All,

The estate needs new bushes on the front wishbones. What do we think the best thing to do is?

Meyle HD - Comes with new ball joints, pbushes and bushes. £62 a side so £120 a corner.
Powerflex - Requires the old Pbushes cutting off and I think its priced per bush so could be very expensive.

Probably go for the Meyle HD ones unless anyone has any other suggestions?
And whats the size of the two bolts for the pbushes?
Thanks given by:
I've been running Meyle HD wishbones for a while now, and they're standing up to the abuse
Thanks given by:
Partner P bushes as a cheaper upgrade??

(tell powerflex you have the "old" type of front bush and they will send you the updated type?! Wink )

(tell powerflex you have the "old" type of front bush and they will send you the updated type?! Wink )
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yeh not sure I can just tell powerflex ive got the old one! If you buy them now do they send out the updated one by default?

May just got the meyle. Its only going to be a daily and I can put powerflexs on the 1.8 instead.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've got Meyles and they are great without going for something silly stiff.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I've got partner p bushes and powerflex fronts on and I can't fault them, soo much better than the ones I had previously ( ecp specials)
Thanks given by:
What about lemforder items from carparts4less?

£57.00 a side without balljoints

Balljoints range from £13.50 to £20.34 a side... dependant on variation

CP15LESS discount code for spend over £100

To be honest I'd suggest doing what I've done... used genuine wishbones (galvanised) with all joints removed... then fitted with powerflex front bushes, genuine partner p-bushes and lemforder bushes...
Thanks given by:
The small PBush bolts are 13mm, big ones are 16mm I think.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 09:46 AM)Toms306 Wrote: The small PBush bolts are 13mm, big ones are 16mm I think.

yeh thats the head size though not the thread.
Thanks given by:
Im going to order the Meyle wishbones. Theyre cheap enough and I can fit them without messing about. The estate is just a daily so Ill save the money for the 1.8.
Thanks given by:
You didn't ask for thread size. Tongue I have no idea of that though lol.
Thanks given by:
Ordered!
Thanks given by:
How much are meyles then?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 12:30 PM)Piggy Wrote: How much are meyles then?!

£62 a side with the bushes and ball joints. For me its super easy being able to fit them. Once ive got a workshop setup maybe ill be more inclined to get the grinder out and fit special bushes etc. This is for the estate so its only a daily.
Thanks given by:
I did my powerflex and new baljoints for under £100 thats all.
Whats the deal with meyles then, whats so special?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 12:51 PM)Piggy Wrote: I did my powerflex and new baljoints for under £100 thats all.
Whats the deal with meyles then, whats so special?

Just proper OEM quality and ready assembled. 

How did you manage all powerflex for under £100? Website says its priced PER BUSH.
Thanks given by:
Got a set of powerflex for £75 inc engine mount and then a pair of balljoints for £22.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Meyle HD ones are a stiffer rubber as well. Not ridiculously stiff but IMO just right for a mix of road and track.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 11:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: Partner P bushes as a cheaper upgrade??

Was there a problem with the old ones then Piggy?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeh they were too long for the front so the two bushes touched in the middle and wouldn't go in all the way. They've been shortened now.
Thanks given by:
Shortened, narrowed, grooves and a metal plate added, different shape!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That's good to hear, I knew they were too long! It's a right pain fitting my wishbones! Are they quite good about replacing them then? I have no receipt..
Thanks given by:
send them a pic of them, explain, they'll send the new ones out Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Awesome, I'll do that then. Have a rep for bringing that to my attention Smile
Thanks given by:
Theres a thread on it somewhere I did ThumbsUp

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=15901
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm looking at meyle hd as well Sam. Looking at reviews and what I've heard they're the dogs b****cks, also come with 4 year warranty from what I've gathered. Can't wait. Hopefully it'll last longer than my delphis [emoji23]
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(16-12-2014, 04:13 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: I'm looking at meyle hd as well Sam. Looking at reviews and what I've heard they're the dogs b****cks, also come with 4 year warranty from what I've gathered. Can't wait. Hopefully it'll last longer than my delphis [emoji23]

I dont have anything to compare them too but yeh theyre fine as long as you put all the bolts in.
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2014, 05:14 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(16-12-2014, 04:13 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: I'm looking at meyle hd as well Sam. Looking at reviews and what I've heard they're the dogs b****cks, also come with 4 year warranty from what I've gathered. Can't wait. Hopefully it'll last longer than my delphis [emoji23]

I dont have anything to compare them too but yeh theyre fine as long as you put all the bolts in.

Aye I've had enough trouble with bolts on wishbones. Especially on my old hdi as Matt has found the bolts repeatedly find their ways out Sad

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
They are very good and the warranty is very easy to deal with. I had to send mine back as were part of a bad batch and it was easy!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Sweet cheers mate. 99% certain this will be my next purchase then Smile

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerflex Front Wishbone Bushes gti6man 2 2,078 16-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: miles
  Bushes for Wishbones (New Question Post #8) bigcheez2k3 10 2,374 11-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  wishbones procta 18 3,417 05-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: pug306driver