Gearbox woes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearbox woes
been driving my lovely motor around now and coverd a few thousand miles since ive had a play and its perfect. Jumped in other halfs 306 today and the gear change is horrible and notchy. It did have a clutch done on it before it came to be in our ownership. Reasnably light clutch pedal still. Its like trying to stir a wooden spoon in a bucket of gravel. Now ive got a spare box but before I jump in I was going to change box oil. Anything else thats common on these? Linkage issues? Anyone had a similar issue??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
gearbox oil would be a good start imo

can have a visual check of the linkages see how worn they are, but in my experience you just get a woefully sloppy change rather than notchy when they're worn
Thanks given by:
Might have the uprated metal linkages if it seems notchy? Though I prefer that to the usual 'floppiness' in 306s lol.
Thanks given by:
gearbox oil,

clutch adjustment, if its bedded in it might be notchy if its not completely disengaging.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I think ill replace the box oil then. Had a quick look at the linkages and they seem old and worn. Might get some new ones as well. The clutch seems to be adjusted perfectly fine. Ill bang the clutch pedal a few times just to be sure
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
I think the usual advice is to get adjustable linkages to account for the wear on the ball joint (I think) involved.
Thanks given by:
Want to get adjustable for mine. Then give other hlf the ones off mine as they are good.....
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  alternator woes af1 1 957 29-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Mbc woes Jenkosowls 9 2,290 29-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Last Post: mark_airey