dw10 crank swap 400HP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dw10 crank swap 400HP
Haha I was thinking grub screw as well
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2015, 10:48 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: You showed this forum up spectacularly

Indeed, but hopefully the information presented will be put to good use.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
What conditions are you measuring oil pressure under? I guess there's a set rpm at 0 load..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(20-10-2015, 06:29 AM)Poodle Wrote: What conditions are you measuring oil pressure under? I guess there's a set rpm at 0 load..?

Oil pressure in the head? Should be any time that the oil pressure from pump outlet is >2bar.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Oh ok, is there seperate regulation for the head? I thought 2 bar seemed a bit low.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Iirc the xud ran at 5 or 6 bar, there was talk of spring chances in the vitara community to get a higher pressure
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2015, 05:37 AM)japie Wrote: Well to compensate for the loss due to higher spring pressure we modify the oil pressure regulator in the cylinder head.

The regulator in the pump has nothing to do with the pressure in the cylinder head.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2015, 02:19 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(17-10-2015, 05:37 AM)japie Wrote: Well to compensate for the loss due to higher spring pressure we modify the oil pressure regulator in the cylinder head.

The regulator in the pump has nothing to do with the pressure in the cylinder head.

i think he is referring to the loss of upped oil pressure from the pump to the head  due to the head regulator in the head oil way

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(20-10-2015, 10:37 AM)Poodle Wrote: Oh ok, is there seperate regulation for the head? I thought 2 bar seemed a bit low.

Yes like I wrote all ready before; allen key bottom left on the head when looking at the manifolds...

When you read the documentation from the engine there is a high and a low oil pressure system, the low is used for the hydraulics in the cylinder head and lubrication of cam parts.

Adding more pressure to the main oil system has no benefit, you can add an extra bar before blowing oil seals out, stock pressure is always 5bar+ so that's good enough for me.
http://www.dlogger.deserver.nl

off topic: can't answer PM due to ??? reasons so for the guy asking what nozzles on the 300tdi injectors to change the angle:
No change, stock 300tdi's.
Only look very carefully at the injection pattern and make sure you turn the injector xxx degrees so the angle is turned in the correct position, could require some modding... ;-)
Thanks given by:
I hadn't realised it was a seperate facility for regulating oil pressure in the head, my bad. Very interesting to know, solves a few problems. There were a few people who tried upping the pump regulation to counter issues with collapsing lifters, but as you say, it didn't bring any benefit thanks to the seperate regulation for the head.

You won't be able to pm until 100 posts iirc - newbie account restrictions, might be able to get that sorted if you ask the admin nicely.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No prob bud... (Learned bud from a UK friend ;-)

Maybe it's a plan to create a document about stage XXX hdi tuning?
I dont have the time to start from scratch but if some of you guys is willing to starr writing I am willing to fil in the blanks, since pm is not working any volunteer can mail me jaap.struyk at gmail dot com

If we all put our knowledge together it could become some good hdi tuning reverence manual.

Ps currently starting with a fresh head so I will take pics of the preps for the head section...
Thanks given by:
That'd be a bloody good idea, any volunteers? I'm probably not the best candidate since i've failed to complete that fuel system diagnosis guide in three years. lol

Look forward to seeing the pics of the new head build.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
step 1:

step 1.1:

Thanks given by:
Ill take it up.. look for an email tomorrow evening mate
/Toseland
Thanks given by: japie
Can someone over here get me in contact with Dan? (or Dan contact me if he's reading)
He wrote a lot of useful info about the Bosch VE pump: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=131
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2015, 06:22 PM)japie Wrote: Can someone over here get me in contact with Dan? (or Dan contact me if he's reading)
He wrote a lot of useful info about the Bosch VE pump: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=131

https://www.facebook.com/DanHargrave Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Don't see any 206 on his Facebook... ;-)
Thanks given by:
Great thread,

Been meaning to reply to this for a few weeks!

Some epic work, very impressive...And interesting post regarding the oil reg in the head as head oil pressure Is something I have been looking at just recently also with the rebuild project!

Keep it up!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2015, 06:22 PM)japie Wrote: Can someone over here get me in contact with Dan? (or Dan contact me if he's reading)

Pretty sure he isn't active on here anymore, but there are a few members on here with an absolute ton of knowledge on the VE pump. Hopefully they might drop you a PM after seeing this, or if you start another thread I'm sure some info will come out.
Thanks given by:
Ill help where i can with the ve im not a great expert though but know my stuff. Im sure darren would exchange some information for the oil pressure modding help. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Second step flowing the head: (warning if you don't know what your doing you can do more harm then good, do some reading before you start: books from David Vizzard, Joe Mondelo and Corky Bell are good starters)

For the intake channels I removed the "bump" around the valve stem, and for the rest I only tried to smooth out the path the air is taking following the air flow:

For the exhaust you have to start thinking from valve seat, removed the bumps on both sides but be careful, the one on the outside of the cylinder isn't that thick, all ready ruined one good head after a week of work last year and met the cooling channel over there:

Thanks given by:
Here the promised "low pressure" pressure regulator mod which controls the pressure of the hydraulic studs of the valve train.
Warning: setting it to high will keep your valves open and can cause serious damage!

Here the position of the regulator in the head.

Here the disassembled regulator, drilled the cover plate with spring holder out with an 6.8mm drill so we can use M8 treats afterwards.
Pay attention, drill little bits at the time until the spring and ball comes out, if you go to deep in one step you will damage those tiny parts.
When the spring and ball are removed drill with the same 6.8mm drill up to the bleed off holes that go trough and trough, after that put some M8 treats in it but use a "blind hole cutter" else you won't get deep enough.

Here the finished parts before mounting and adjusting.
I used a M8x10 grub screw :-) and made a little spring holder 2mm long 3mm diameter on the lathe, the max. pressure I can get out is 4bar, the original setting is 2bar. (using a tire pressure gauge and some hoses to adjust)
Since I use 30% stiffer springs and the cam is a bit wilder I set the pressure at 3bar.
Before mounting glue the M8 with Locktite (else it will leak) and make sure you adjust it before it hardens.
Thanks given by:
Can we please sticky this post mods? epic amount of information in it.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Brilliant, thanks for the guide.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I know theres a mix of engines going on here but... what is the op running is it HDI or XUD?

From what I read its a HDI block using a XUD head? and running a XUD pump, running a custom set up turbo? or am I completely out of the park? lol

This really makes me want another diesel...

Debating HDI or a XUD if I can find one "/
Thanks given by:
It's a DW10 HDi running custom internals and an inline pump. Plus a *few* other modifications Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
DW10 engine with a XUD11 crank in it...
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys,

So are people moving towards the HDi side of things now then?...
Just wondering what to keep an eye out for Tongue
Thanks given by:
Not really. You definitely dont want an xud head on a dw10 it wont work. You want to run di injectors off a bosch ve.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
ahh right Tongue no worries thanks Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DW10 vs DW12 vs DV6 Dreijers 43 16,028 03-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Poodle
Wink Converting DW10 to IDI (XUD) TwinkleToes 22 6,621 27-09-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  DW10 Piper cam 306clot 17 5,610 13-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: toseland