bore score

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bore score
hi
i know ideally no bore score is what you want but, an engine that i am re-building had abit of scoring on two cylinders, that could be easily felt with your nail.

so i had the block honed but some of the scoring marks have remained but they are alot better and can only just be felt with your nail.

I know this wont massivly affect the running but could i possibly run in to issues with compression and will my new rind bed in ok

thanks
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
If you're in bed of a block you can see what the one in mine is like.
Might need to deck the block as I think I've warped it to f*ck
Thanks given by:
If you can feel it with your nails it's BAD....

For what an XUD9 block is worth, it's hardly worth it, you'll forever have a poorly sealing ring...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Now its been honed i have to 'search' for the scores but still can feel them, so its probaly safest (and for peace of mind) to ditch that block and use another

cheers
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
Yeah, for what it's worth, it's barely worth it... You want the rings to have the best chance at sealing to begin with, it'll never seal 100% with slight scoring so for what it's worth, may as well swap it out.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bore Scoring ally406 15 2,967 12-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Dave