built up in air inlets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
built up in air inlets
Sorry if I've used the wrong terminology, but anyway, I've just done glow plugs on the wife's 306. When I took the air distribution thingy off I noticed a lot of build up of deposits on the inlet pipes (manifold?) Which I didn't notice on my 405. Hers does have egr whereas mine doesn't. Is the built up normal? I didn't scrape any out because I didn't want to disturb it and lumps end up falling in. But just thought I'd check to settle my mind....
Thanks given by:
Egr valves are buggers for that. It's normal bit doesn't do the engine any good. Better blanking it off or removing the thing altogether. I think there is an electrical connector u can disconnect to stop it opening but nnot sure
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I know they're bad for it but didn't know it was that bad. One of them is only about half the diameter now because of it but I don't want to piss about removing it all to clean it if I can avoid it. Car running fine so should be OK I think
Thanks given by:
It's better cleaning it all out. Think of the restrictions it cause. If you don't have the time or effort at least blank or disconnect though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Time is the restriction not effort Wink yeah I will be doing. And I'll get the crud cleaned out when I get chance, just making sure it's not going to cause harm other than a bit of power loss and mpg maybe
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want a pump built for my daily (Ireland) sweeney1987 10 1,708 12-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Last Post: sweeney1987