Stoke members bosch setup

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stoke members bosch setup
Anyone in the stoke on Trent area who's clued up on getting a bosch pump running?

My mechanic Got the pump, lines and injectors in just can't get the thing started, it did start once but wouldn't rev but now won't start at all?
Thanks given by:
Wiring to solenoid wrong or bad and did you have the throttle arm off? You got diesel to the right lines?
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2014, 01:56 PM)pugmanxud Wrote: Wiring to solenoid wrong or bad and did you have the throttle arm off? You got diesel to the right lines?

Couldn't say about the throttle arm unless ash23 had it off, will check later regarding fuel lines
Thanks given by:
did it come on the mounting bracket or did he use the one off the Lucas pump? . . .if so that bracket needs rotating or the timing will be way way out . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
cant remember if I did give you a bracket with the pump?.

the throttle aarm was removed to do the gov mod but put back in the correct place Wink this may need the max fuel winding in as I wound it out a little to realase and tension in the pump to take the lid off try winding the max fuel in that should get her going Smile
Thanks given by:
nahhh no bracket, had one on my 11mm which i used assuming they are the same
Thanks given by:
all solved,

in the end i swapped due to time for a standard (non modified 9mm bosch as he couldn't get it to idle right, someone who knowns more and messes with pump more would be able sort it out i think

[Image: IMG_20140510_180407_zpseanwq5tm.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The pumps look quite similar to the ones that are fitted on the 300tdi's in landrovers
Im also looking for advice on the whole lucas - bosch - 9mm - 11mm conversions that seem very popular, i have a trasit pump but am a little confused about which bits are needed ect
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump and engine setup bashbarnard 4 1,459 07-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Bosch setup lda therefused 4 1,390 15-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Last Post: therefused
  Noob setup bosch Tyronnster 20 3,146 15-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Tyronnster