306 Stage 2 HDi Progress/Project.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Stage 2 HDi Progress/Project.
[Image: 8y2y7yvy.jpg]

Not fully built, just a mock up. Look ten times better
Thanks given by:
Giving me a checklist to put together on my hdi for its stage 2. Wish mine was diablo though Sad
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Lol what colour is it?

Get it sorted, stage 2 is good fun! Such a different car compared to stage 1 & stabdard.
Thanks given by:
The adjusters on my coilovers were so bad in the end i had to cut them off!
Dont suppose either of you fellas have a spare set?
Thanks given by:
No man, ive only these ones here.

Got the coilovers in today, but as expected the pinch bolts were siezed solid.

So out came the hubs, and into the vice.

[Image: busujevy.jpg]

All sorted now, although as expected its not perfect.

Drive shaft roller bearings collapsed and went everywhere, put as many as I could in and put it altogether and there is what I can only describe as a violent pulling feeling through the transmission.

So it wont be drove until I get a replacement, I had bother with this before so I may just get a new driveshaft.

Another little problem was one of the abs sensors being a stubborn shit as usual and broke on me, but got the other one out fine.

So I now need a driveshaft, and an abs sensor.

[Image: mujyru4e.jpg]

Not too low yet due to the boost pipe arrangement (under the crossmember)

Replaced the reverse switch today aswell

[Image: uvaqede9.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking really good mate can't wait to go stage 2. I had them roller bears I had the same problem I lost 3 of them thought it would be alright a few days later it seized up completely they are cheap enough from eBay brand new for a shaft.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Cheers man!

Yeah its good stage 2, I want stage 3 now lol! Crazy what the power bug does to you lol!

Yeah might just grt a new one and hopefully not have to worry about it again for the time I have the car!
Thanks given by:
Get the pipes sorted and get lower Tongue lol will look well when the backs done aswell bad luck about the driveshaft and sensor though
Thanks given by:
Some great work going on here. keep it up pal.
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2014, 10:14 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: Get the pipes sorted and get lower Tongue lol will look well when the backs done aswell bad luck about the driveshaft and sensor though

Haha ill see what way it settles in, hasnt been drove and god knows if theres been weight on them springs this last while.

(28-02-2014, 11:38 PM)SRowell Wrote: Some great work going on here. keep it up pal.

Thanks bud, have looked to your project for inspiration on occasion lol!

Hopefully start getting stuck into cosmetic jobs on the car with the weather getting better as the hardware is getting to a standard im happy with.
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2014, 11:55 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Haha ill see what way it settles in, hasnt been drove and god knows if theres been weight on them springs this last while.

What ya tryna say? Shit one about the shaft but as said she will look well lowered Wink
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Were they just fresh outta your car or had they been lying a while basically...

If they were just outta it then theyll not need time to settle I wouldnt think, if they were out a while then the springs might have lengthened ue to no tension on them and they may well settle lower than ive it set just Smile

Yeah gonna get one tomorrow and see if its it, if that solves it ill be putting a new one in next month if the one the mate has lasts.
Thanks given by:
The were fresh out of mine lol albeit a lot lower. Looks like I might need a shaft too
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah, well theyll not settle much lower then.

Will have to start parking in the street my driveway is hectic, two dips and a big rise in the middle, like a greenlane..
Thanks given by:
Shafts are cheap enough from http://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/driveshaf...red&page=7
Thanks given by:
All sorted, decided to approach it with patience today.

I took apart a the needle bearing on an old shaft, cleaned everything up and covered it in grease.

Then proceeded to filling up the needles and pushed on the outer bearing. Cleaned the inner cup/cv joint, where i found loads of needles and packed it with grease and rebuilt.

Cars sorted snd driving fine, crying out for the vibratechnics engine mount since everything else is done now! Should tighten it all lovely.
Thanks given by:
[Image: ebetu7e3.jpg]

New present for the car, hipefully solves my rocking horse engine.
Thanks given by:
They're not as bad as everyone makes them out to be, thats all im saying :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah man everyone goes on about paddle clutches being so bad etcetc but ive drove mine for about 2 or 3 k now and its fine Smile wouldny cause me to complain.

Anything will be better than the engine rocking back & forth under acceleration and deceleration Smile
Thanks given by:
[Image: a7ujypu4.jpg]

Some more progress, old ones werent actually bad.. so not much difference (I dont think? What should I be noticing?)

Glad theyre finally in though, next up is engine mount, probably be friday before I get it in!
Thanks given by:
Which way did you put the bearing in with the top mount and your coilovers?
Thanks given by:
Ohhh, same way they came out of my old top mounts.

The curved side down into the coilovers, and the other sidee up into the top mount.

The bearing looks like it sits 'awkwardly' into the top cups as you build the coilovers up, but I have no notchiness in the steering and no odd noises so it must be ok.
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2014, 04:31 PM)mcglynn Wrote: [Image: a7ujypu4.jpg]

Some more progress, old ones werent actually bad.. so not much difference (I dont think? What should I be noticing?)

Glad theyre finally in though, next up is engine mount, probably be friday before I get it in!

The front bush on the wishbone is usually ok. Its the P bush that is prone to failing and it makes the car feel like it has 4 wheel steering!

I had powerflex in mine since i bought the car 7 years ago and they are still fine.
Thanks given by:
Yrah powerflex bushes come with a lifetime guarantee, so should be fine still.

One of my front ones was worn, after driving the car a bit more tonight it seems to have made the front less 'divey' into corners. As such, it seems to hold a steady line a lot easier, bearing in mind my p bushes (2 or 3 months old) are fubard, so will be getting those replaced under warranty and the rear engine mount and it should really tie it all together and make the front end handle better!
Thanks given by:
needs gti brakes Wink
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha and interior, and boot trim, and steering wheel. Lol all donations accepted Wink
Thanks given by:
I'd suggest getting powerflex p-bushes tbh bud, they come with 0.5 degrees of camber already dialled in and make a huge difference to how the front end feels, takes all the slop out of the bush assembly. If the current ones have only lasted 3 months i shouldn't think the replacement set will fair any better.

Did you have to shave the back of your round bushes (giggidy) or have they changed the design so they fit properly?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 06:58 AM)Poodle Wrote: I'd suggest getting powerflex p-bushes tbh bud, they come with 0.5 degrees of camber already dialled in and make a huge difference to how the front end feels, takes all the slop out of the bush assembly. If the current ones have only lasted 3 months i shouldn't think the replacement set will fair any better.

Did you have to shave the back of your round bushes (giggidy) or have they changed the design so they fit properly?

Theres a thread I started about these...

Dont mean to gloat but that new design is due to me sending a LOT of emails, photos dimensions etc and weeks of working with Powerflex to redesign those front bushes...should find they fit wonderfully easy now, compared to an absolute bitch or needing to cut them.

If you have the old design email Pflex and they will send you the updated design.

And if you cant afford powerflex P bushes, get the late berlingo ones...100x better than the 306 sloppy design

Oh and for your engine cover, try these:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1074371561
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
FYI it's castor they add, not camber Wink /pedantic
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 06:58 AM)Poodle Wrote: I'd suggest getting powerflex p-bushes tbh bud, they come with 0.5 degrees of camber already dialled in and make a huge difference to how the front end feels, takes all the slop out of the bush assembly. If the current ones have only lasted 3 months i shouldn't think the replacement set will fair any better.

Yeah bud these are the updated ones, they fit in nice and flush and squeeze into the subframe nicely! I also have the old ones here and they would have been a nightmare...

The p bushes I fitted are the peugeot partner ones (nice solid looking ones) but I think the premature failure is partly to do with my engine mount being done, aswell as the angle I had them fitted at being off perhaps. My rash driving probably tipped them over the edge too.

With all other bushes replaced bar those p bushes, I should think a new set at the right angle will last a bit longer. I will soon see though, fingers crossed

(07-03-2014, 07:49 AM)Piggy Wrote:

Theres a thread I started about these...

Dont mean to gloat but that new design is due to me sending a LOT of emails, photos dimensions etc and weeks of working with Powerflex to redesign those front bushes...should find they fit wonderfully easy now, compared to an absolute bitch or needing to cut them.

If you have the old design email Pflex and they will send you the updated design.

And if you cant afford powerflex P bushes, get the late berlingo ones...100x better than the 306 sloppy design

Oh and for your engine cover, try these:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1074371561

My engine cover is on bud, I have m6 threaded bar, nuts, washers and wingnuts. Id recommend it aswell as your idea, as mine doesnt rattle off anything or vibrate Smile

And already have both the new front wishbone bushes from powerflex (thanks for the info on them, they've made my lift a lot easier) and the berlingo/partner p bushes. Hoping as said they last a lot longer this time round.

(07-03-2014, 09:41 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: FYI it's castor they add, not camber Wink /pedantic
Haha I wouldn't know, powerflex ones are out of my budget for now lol Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Nile 6' Project/Progress (New zorst vid pg.9) Midnightclub 329 124,627 19-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,719 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Small progress... laurence_13 23 8,634 10-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Last Post: 1616six