cyclone wheel bolts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cyclone wheel bolts
hi ive got some new cyclones so the cylone 2 instead of the older 1? now i understand they have different bolts however the bolts ive got are for the older cyclone 1 just wondering if these will fit? i know the bolts designed for the newer cyclones wont fit the older cyclones due to the shoulder on them but what about the other way around?
thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
yes the old bolts will fit the newer wheels
but if you have a steel as a spare carry a set of taper bolts as the newer bolts use the taper on the shoulder to secure the spare if fitted to the hub Wink
Thanks given by:
so the older bolts wont fit a steelie? is that why they changed to the newer design then?
Thanks given by:
they changed to the newer design probably to save money in not supplying a fifth alloy as a spare

no the older bolts dont have the taper that is needed for the steel rim fitment so they wont work safely
Thanks given by:
How do you know if you have cyclone 1 or 2's. my car had swallows but a steel spare so I have flat seated wheel bolts. Are they the right ones for my cyclones [Image: manyne4a.jpg][Image: ave9e9a8.jpg]
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Can u use the supermarket tapered bolts with cyclones then
Thanks given by:
clones need the flat seated bolts the early type bolt will fit both cone 1 and 2 wheels.

left bolt is the newer bolt right bolt is the older bolt

Older clone 1 pictures

Notice the no counter bore on bolt hole

Notice UK FRANCE cast marks

Notice shallower center bore

Newer clone 2 pictures

Notice the counter bore on bolt hole

Notice ITALY cast marks

Notice deeper center bore

(16-09-2013, 05:58 PM)Aaron _d95 Wrote: How do you know if you have cyclone 1 or 2's. my car had swallows but a steel spare so I have flat seated wheel bolts.

you may find the steel spare has flat inserts on the bolt holes so flat bolts are needed

or you mat find the spare has no inserts on the bolt holes in that case tapered bolts are needed

but the clones will need flat faced bolts
Thanks given by:
Just checked mine and there a mix.
2x cyclone 1 Italy's (pic 1 bolt hole)
1x cyclone 2 Italy (pic 2 bolt hole)
1x cyclone 2 France (pic2 bolt hole)
Pic 1: taper on top of bolt hole
[Image: 5e5ehuje.jpg]
Pic:2 taper in bolt hole and wider at the top [Image: hy6yry3e.jpg]

So I need the newer bolts for all the alloys to fit?
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
/facepalm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 11:48 AM)Piggy Wrote: /facepalm

Take it that's not good. Would it be ok if I got another cyclone 2 Italy then have the 1's on 1 axle then 2's on another as long as there not opposite on the same axle
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
no, facepalm because this thread is just going round and round with the same questions and answers!!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 11:52 AM)Piggy Wrote: no, facepalm because this thread is just going round and round with the same questions and answers!!!!

O right sorry. so I can use them alloys but I need to use the newer bolts to work with the 2's and 1's. in that case that's the end of that. Ha
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alloy Wheel Bolts rdstars 2 1,334 16-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Last Post: rdstars
  Wheel bolts PugRory 11 2,667 09-11-2015, 11:55 AM
Last Post: PugRory
  c5 steel/alloy wheel bolts Poodle 8 2,616 20-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Poodle