possibly damaged flywheel?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
possibly damaged flywheel?
Just want some advice

Today I let the clutch slip on the bypass a few times at full throttle.

Now the pedal feels weird, the bite is at the top of the pedal travel, and the clutch slips at anything more than quarter throttle.

Just wondering if I'm damaging the flywheel. The clutch will be arriving shortly so is it worth putting another one on considering the amount of slipping? I'm not quite sure how fundamental they are, are my symptoms a damaged flywheel or just the clutch on its very last legs....

Any advice appreciated

Arron

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Possibly the auto adjust on the cable (if HDi's aren't hydraulic, I'm not sure). If it is the auto adjuster then just put it into neutral or engine off and drop the clutch from full down a few times, it should reset it if it's working.

If that doesn't work then you're probably just slipping it due to wear. Good luck.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
Probably just the friction plate that fuggered, tho you might have overheated the flywheel. Inspect it for heat spots and cracks when you change the clutch, might be worth while having a spare on standby incase it is fuggered.

as for the pedal height, stamp n it a few times, then if that doesn't do anything, put it all the way to the floor, then slide your toe off it so it flicks back up and see if that makes a difference.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Thanks lads

I've been told the plate will be wearing very thin due to the few months I've used it whilst slipping, to be honest I was been an absolute nob considering I know the clutch is dying. I let it slip for far too long.

Suppose a new flywheel wouldn't hurt...

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by: