So I heard you like your Head Gaskets well done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I heard you like your Head Gaskets well done?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbOXPFN0m1Y
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Lol whoops :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ruan, how have you made a video of my header tank?? lol

Oh wait, its not orange enough for it to be mine Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Mine all goes into a can of 'ting, so it can be poured back in when it boils over due to air locking next!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Mine all goes into a can of 'ting, so it can be poured back in when it boils over due to air locking next!!!

Bahahaha................awesome idea, Darren suggested just using a roundup can in the boot with a lift pump connected to top the header tank up Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I still want to do a Roundup Can header tank!
Thanks given by:
Ruan mate, I think your HG might be going...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Seriously I couldnt beleive the amount of orange in marks engine bay!!! ruan dont youf ucking dare use that head on your new engine build...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Seriously I couldnt beleive the amount of orange in marks engine bay!!! ruan dont youf ucking dare use that head on your new engine build...

Just living up to the sig mate 8-)

lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
If i pull up at lights after boostin' people shit themselves as the engine bay looks like its about to catch fire with all the steam.

That, or i get the look of pitty.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Turbo sounds epic tho
Thanks given by:
Why do people keep telling me how good XUDs are if you've all got blown headgaskets...........I could buy a petrol TU if I wanted a blown hg..... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Why do people keep telling me how good XUDs are if you've all got blown headgaskets...........I could buy a petrol TU if I wanted a blown hg..... Tongue

Maybe because it's a heavily modified XUD running more than double stock power? Just like almost all the other blown HGs on here? Why do you keep telling us PDs are so good if a clutch change costs as much as 2 decent D-Turbos? Honestly Tom, you come out with some shite.
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Why do people keep telling me how good XUDs are if you've all got blown headgaskets...........I could buy a petrol TU if I wanted a blown hg..... Tongue

Maybe because it's a heavily modified XUD running more than double stock power? Just like almost all the other blown HGs on here? Why do you keep telling us PDs are so good if a clutch change costs as much as 2 decent D-Turbos? Honestly Tom, you come out with some shite.

You NEED to take my posts less seriously Liam. :roll:
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:You NEED to take my posts less seriously Liam. :roll:

You need to stop posting crap in decent threads.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:You NEED to take my posts less seriously Liam. :roll:

You need to stop posting crap in decent threads.

What Darren said. You wonder why you annoy people and get yourself a reputation Tom? You dont help yourself mate...
Thanks given by:
As said above pal, it's not me who NEEDS to do anything different Wink
Thanks given by:
Christ, I take it banters not allowed in this forum now either.... Confusedhock: :roll:
Thanks given by:
Banter is slating 306s on a forum for 306s when you own a different car...

There's banter, and taking the piss. Fine line between the two.

I'm fully aware of how "shit" my car is, but end of the day, it's 175hp, it's been already significantly more reliable than your Golf, it handles better and it's been done in a shed on a shoestring - the most I've ever spent on a performance component is £120 - for a turbo...
Thanks given by:
You still need to take me/my posts less seriously....I never slated your car at all....just seems funny that people are always telling me how reliable xuds are yet I read this thread to find several of the xuds with blown hgs lol. And there's no need to bring the golf into this, were all aware how shit that is. lol

For the record....I actually like your car...despite it being a 'shit' ph2 dt.....
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:You still need to take me/my posts less seriously....I never slated your car at all....just seems funny that people are always telling me how reliable xuds are yet I read this thread to find several of the xuds with blown hgs lol. And there's no need to bring the golf into this, were all aware how shit that is. lol

For the record....I actually like your car...despite it being a 'shit' ph2 dt.....

Don't think anyone says tuned dturbos with big turbos are reliable, standard ones yes but modified cars that are reliable are very rare!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Don't think anyone says tuned dturbos with big turbos are reliable, standard ones yes but modified cars that are reliable are very rare!

This, mine blew for 2 reasons. 1. It is a wearable part that after 130k it has done pretty well. 2. I am chucking 30 psi down the inlet, combine that with already high cylinder pressures its gona start finding the week links.

Either way epic way to go ruan. Wish I got a vid but I bottled it and wanted to shut it off asap!!!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I hear SRowell hates your car Ruan. Go figure...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:I hear SRowell hates your car Ruan. Go figure...

Repped! Oh....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:You still need to take me/my posts less seriously....I never slated your car at all....just seems funny that people are always telling me how reliable xuds are yet I read this thread to find several of the xuds with blown hgs lol. And there's no need to bring the golf into this, were all aware how shit that is. lol

Stop posting....shhhh....zip.....

Your just annoying me / people....if you have something on topic to say then say it, elsewise, dont bother....

Back on topic...

For the reference, Ruan literally drove back to Cornwall / came over to mine with it like that lol, coolant hissing, get on, be reet... and hey Tom, I bet Ruans car is more reliable with a popped gasket than yours is Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:I hear SRowell hates your car Ruan. Go figure...
lmao

Also Niall FYC! Been working on the forum all evening!
Thanks given by:
It's got a ginger engine bay?

Wink
Thanks given by:
That is brilliant anyone else would be crying over a blown hg but not you, I love the rawness of the xud Smile
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Gotta love the XUD9...

Over 100% stock torque figure and only now is the head lifting... At least my crank is still attached to the block unlike it would be in a VW...
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking of how I can get rid of this vag crap and get another 306 to be honest. Speaking from experience, newer vag cars are shite. Unless its a mk3 Golf or older, avoid.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help sourcing gaskets... doogle-d turbo 6 2,420 17-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  where the best place to buy head gaskets daniel909 20 3,200 12-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Last Post: londondan86
  Head gaskets David 5 1,766 18-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Dave