Question about ET

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about ET
Looking at some steelies from a 09 Fiesta. Its 175.65.14 and most likely ET 47,5. As that is the standard ET according to some web-site. 
How will that fit on a 306 (will it fit?) 306 is 18? According to the same web site Tongue
Thanks given by:
ET47? You sure?

Would need about 30mm spacers to fit them to a 306 if so!
Thanks given by:
http://www.boltsirkel.no/ this is the page I use. Its in Norwegian, but you can do a search for fiesta and find 08-. Its the page most norwegians use, so I think it is accurate. So the higher the ET, the further into the wheel house it will sit?
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's right. 306s use ET18 (gti6 cyclones) to ET24 (Meridian Swallows) as standard I think. So will need spacers for any Ford wheels. Also check the centre bore size as I think that may be different.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Tom Smile Spacers are illegal here, so will avoid that and ford rims then!
Thanks given by:
Ah I didn't know that, I'm not a fan of spacers but seems excessive to ban them lol! You're basically limited to 306 wheels then. Confused
Thanks given by:
We can legally change the width of the wheels by 15mm, so 7,5mm per side. Is ET in MM? Which means I could go to ET 18 + or - 7,5?
Thanks given by:
Wow thats tight...the law i mean!

So they allow for any wheel on that car...as some are more/less et!?
And yeah, et in europe usually in mm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah ET is in MM, would get pretty wide if it was inches. Big Grin

The problem with a higher ET without spacers is that you'll run out of brake clearance, I'm not sure if you'd get away 7.5mm extra or not.
Thanks given by:
Thanks. 406 has same ET right? 306 is very rare in Norway. So hard to find used stuff for it. Even more so because I live far north and there are few people here Tongue
Thanks given by:
No 406 stuff is different as well! Think it may be about 5mm different though so you 'might' get away without spacers. Confused
Thanks given by:
haha ET24 in inches... would be a fecking road roller.. haha I can imagine the JDM rat look spec'd lupos and polos now!

the centre on pug wheels if I remember correctly is 65.1mm
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: