Different phase 1 grills?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different phase 1 grills?
Just bought a replacement phase 1 grill from eBers and although it's defo a ph1 in the correct colour, the top of the grillis very different (mount holes are same place) but my black air intake scoop is too wide for the new grill aperture! Any ideas? Huh
The part wasn't specifically listed for my 1.6 but it wasn't specific to any model except 1996 306!
I don't intend returning it so wondering if anyone knows the difference or if there's an earlier or later ph1 intake scoop that will match the grill and not be too small (restrictive) at the same time??
Any help would be appreciated Rofl
Will add pics ASAP!
Thanks given by:
Wasn't there two phase one grilles, different size badges or something?
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2015, 05:36 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: Wasn't there two phase one grilles, different size badges or something?

Yeah but only for the first year or two i think, definitely not many of the other type and not very good looking tbh
Thanks given by:
There's an early ph1 blue grill on ebers with the flat badge and a later one with the hollowed out badge but I have 2 different grills with the hollowed out badges so that's at least 3 diff ph1 fills so far :-(
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
Interesting... Well, to a phase 1 geek like me lol, I guess one is from an engine with a different style air intake, can't think which it might be though.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2015, 09:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Interesting... Well, to a phase 1 geek like me lol, I guess one is from an engine with a different style air intake, can't think which it might be though.

The non common one i had was off a ph1 xdtd so i dont think its that tbf
Thanks given by:
Bit of a crude method tbh, but could you not use a jigsaw on the grill to make your intake fit?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Maybe but would rather jigsaw the intake tbh! Just bought the grill lol
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2015, 09:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Interesting... Well, to a phase 1 geek like me lol, I guess one is from an engine with a different style air intake, can't think which it might be though.
Apparently it's off a 96 Dturbo! Anyone got an air intake scoop from such a car spare?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you change grills? Nathan1305 4 1,521 22-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305