106 Track Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
lol Think you should stick to Dervs Piggy Tongue Smile 
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 10:43 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: In fairness I could of shortened the bolts but it's quicker and easier just to throw a couple of extra nuts on them.

Nathan I have a couple of nice yellowy road legal all weather H4 bulbs that have come out of my 106 if you want them. Can bring to pugfest.

That would be awesome mate Smile thanks

(10-07-2015, 10:53 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 05:09 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 04:48 PM)Stef205 Wrote: WTF is this!! could we not find a shorter bolt?! lmao

Haha I got the catch tank from DumDum, that should explain it all lol

bet the catch tank is empty too if it was from DD Wink

I'm no perv expert, but that KnN looks awful small and with no cold air flow to it Undecided

It is a small filter but doesn't perform to bad it doesn't actually get hot. I'm going to invest in a BMC enclosed unit that way it gets a good air feed and looks awesome Tongue
Thanks given by:
BMC is an overated rip off mate, you dont get enough heatsoak at the front of a 106 engine bay for it to be a problem. spend the money elsewhere and run a cold air feed from the foglight Smile

Also the filter you have is plenty big enough for a 1600cc N/A engine
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 12:45 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: BMC is an overated rip off mate, you dont get enough heatsoak at the front of a 106 engine bay for it to be a problem. spend the money elsewhere and run a cold air feed from the foglight Smile

Also the filter you have is plenty big enough for a 1600cc N/A engine

Oh really? Fair enough Smile I'll just look into a cold air feed if that the case. I think tyres are my next thing to tick off the list just has budgets up front and Toyo TR-1 on the rear 
Thanks given by:
Car looks good Nathan Smile 
Get some Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on the front, Well worth the money and will be night and day in every aspect from the budgets.
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 02:42 PM)MY95 Wrote: Love the car Nathan Smile 
Get some Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on the front, Well worth the money and will be night and day in every aspect from the budgets.

Looking at Federal 595 RS-R it's primarily a track car so will need something with tonnes of grip Smile
Thanks given by:
I'd bet PS3's have more grip - plus they'd have grip in the wet too, which let's face it is what the UK is 80% of the time

Check out these two links:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Michel...-3-PS3.htm

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Federal/595RSR.htm
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nathan you have a daily diesel for using in the rain, keep the 106 as a hardcore dry weather only car. and do not skimp on tyres! they are what brings out the best in the supporting modifications.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 03:57 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Nathan you have a daily diesel for using in the rain, keep the 106 as a hardcore dry weather only car. and do not skimp on tyres! they are what brings out the best in the supporting modifications.

That's why I was looking at the Federals have heard good things about them, I know pebbles rate them quite highly Smile I want this car to be the best it can be  so want to experiment with tyre setups 
Thanks given by:
So the car performed perfectly at PugFest. Extremely happy with it. Only thing that was holding it back was the tyres, they didn't appreciate the abuse too well. Managed to bag myself a pretty good deal with the GrpA Baker BM solid rear mounts for £38. They sell their stuff a lot cheaper at shows. So they are ready to go on the new beam Smile just waiting for my new shocks to turn up then it's ready to go on Smile 

Thanks given by:
have you found a way to mount the 205 washer bottle?
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2015, 07:34 PM)procta Wrote: have you found a way to mount the 205 washer bottle?

Yeah 1 of the holes line up with the holes where the trim use to be and I'll make a bracket for the second hole, just need more wiring and pipe for it Smile
Thanks given by:
Was this the nana gti that was following a down 'n' out nile 306 estate up the m5 on saturday?

I might be the guy in the diablo hdi that joined you

The racestate had all the prescence but this thing sounds the bollocks Smile i love a well breathing TU
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 08:16 AM)thododd Wrote: Was this the nana gti that was following a down 'n' out nile 306 estate up the m5 on saturday?

I might be the guy in the diablo hdi that joined you

The racestate had all the prescence but this thing sounds the bollocks Smile i love a well breathing TU

Haha it certainly was! Yeah that was Ian's (slamwagon) estate. And thanks man Smile do love the sound of this car
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2015, 07:39 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 07:34 PM)procta Wrote: have you found a way to mount the 205 washer bottle?

Yeah 1 of the holes line up with the holes where the trim use to be and I'll make a bracket for the second hole, just need more wiring and pipe for it Smile

make an adapter for it, plug into your car loom and run the bastard down the side, or use the rear washer wiring, with it been the back, so it would be a case of turning the stalk, but you would have to activate the wipers.   
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 12:05 PM)procta Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 07:39 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

make an adapter for it, plug into your car loom and run the bastard down the side, or use the rear washer wiring, with it been the back, so it would be a case of turning the stalk, but you would have to activate the wipers.   

The wiring is already in place from when it had the washer bag. Just needs extending to reach the rear quarter
Thanks given by:
My adjustable GAZ shocks arrived today! Big Grin so got them fitted to the rear beam. Hoping they give me some decent adjustment and control over the rear end. Tomorrow I'm going to try get hold of a blow torch to burn the rubber beam mounts out and put my solid beam mounts in Smile 

Thanks given by:
Errr don't mean to put a downer on things but there 205/306 items not Saxo/106! Sad
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 02:54 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Errr don't mean to put a downer on things but there 205/306 items not Saxo/106! Sad

Really? They look exactly the same as the 106 units
Thanks given by:
No 106 units have a spacer on the bottom to space it way from the arm you can see the angle the shock is sat at due to the missing spacer
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 02:58 PM)Stef205 Wrote: No 106 units have a spacer on the bottom to space it way from the arm you can see the angle the shock is sat at due to the missing spacer

Hm can't find a picture of the spacer. This is how the shock sits once the bottom bolt is loosened 

Thanks given by:
They certainly look like 306 items I don't have any 106 shocks near me atm but I'll get one later
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 03:41 PM)Stef205 Wrote: They certainly look like 306 items I don't have any 106 shocks near me atm but I'll get one later

That's the 106 rear shocks look the same as mine

Thanks given by:
Nathan in that pic you can clearly see the spacer block stef's saying about that yours dont have!

This piece circled i mean

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 03:48 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Nathan in that pic you can clearly see the spacer block stef's saying about that yours dont have!

This piece circled i mean

Ah I see! Can I not just space mine out with some washers?

Or could I even press out that spacer from my old shocks and put them on the GAZ ones
Thanks given by:
I thought I'd treat the GTi to a good service after its thrashing at Pugfest Smile got some decent oil, coolant, oil filter, spark plugs, thermostat, sump plug and some gasket sealant for the cam covers as you can't buy the gaskets anymore. Not bad for £53 Smile ECP have a further 15% off using code: Extra15   

Thanks given by:
I would just space the shock out myself personally.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2015, 08:42 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I would just space the shock out myself personally.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I could always press the spacer thing out of the old shock and put it in the GAZ ones?
Thanks given by:
Boredom got the better of me today so I sprayed up the cam covers, pretty happy with the results Smile it's actually Fiat Broom Yellow but pretty close to sundance. 

Thanks given by:
By pretty close i assume you mean they are both A shade of yellow? Haha
Thanks given by: