• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
No more than 60mph of course.

Sounds good though! Wink
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Your missus needs to hold the camera better LOL
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2015, 08:54 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: No more than 60mph of course.

Sounds good though! Wink

Of course ? and thanks man really love the 3" pugsport

(18-06-2015, 09:05 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Your missus needs to hold the camera better LOL

It was my mate haha he was trying but kept getting flung about on gear changes haha kind of a bumpy road 
Thanks given by:
That sound of the Pugsport is epic Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2015, 09:36 PM)7057sam Wrote: That sound of the Pugsport is epic Big Grin

Thanks mate Big Grin cant help but smile as soon as it gets past 5k
Thanks given by:
Shouldn't really rev to 8000rpm though should it? Cut out is at like 7600?
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2015, 09:53 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Shouldn't really rev to 8000rpm though should it? Cut out is at like 7600?

Most probably is I just glanced down and it looked around 8k haha going to quick to stare at the dials
Thanks given by:
Is this running the standard MA gearbox? If so avoid too much craziness in first. It's a known weak point.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2015, 09:58 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Is this running the standard MA gearbox? If so avoid too much craziness in first. It's a known weak point.

I think it is and yeah first time I've done it in first. I don't like hammering it to hard. Have to much mechanical sympathy haha
Thanks given by:
The feel of the gearbox is great I just know them to not be especially strong, the BE box is superior but I'm not sure how common conversions are.

Only had my 106 gti 3 weeks! Had my XSI in the family for 10 years though.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2015, 10:06 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: The feel of the gearbox is great I just know them to not be especially strong, the BE box is superior but I'm not sure how common conversions are.

Only had my 106 gti 3 weeks! Had my XSI in the family for 10 years though.

Hopefully it holds up, if not there pretty simple to change Smile
Thanks given by:
So noticed at motorway speed and under heavy acceleration it's a little unstable. So guessing it's worn bushes and so on. So do you guys think it will be worth upgrading it. I'm thinking of getting Powerflex poly bush black editions. It's £150 for the front set (wishbone bushes and anti roll bars) and £80 for the rear set (4 rear beam bushes) so about £230 for the lot. Would you guys say it will be worth it?
Thanks given by:
Or found Pug1off do an 'ultimate road/track kit' solid rear bushes, poly front wishbone and anti roll bar bushes and vibratechnics front bushes. These are £204 +VAT so similar price
[attachment=23898]
Thanks given by:
I've had a lot of feedback from customers regarding rear bushes, baker bm group a mounts are the preferred bushes or flow flex have a good feedback. Powerflex seems to die quick I've one here that had them fitted for 3 months and has died already customer has now gone onto a good quality oem bush and finds it better.
My opinion would be baker mounts and as for fronts a good oem bush polly bushes have far to bush movement from my experience.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2015, 03:43 PM)Stef205 Wrote: I've had a lot of feedback from customers regarding rear bushes, baker bm group a mounts are the preferred bushes or flow flex have a good feedback. Powerflex seems to die quick I've one here that had them fitted for 3 months and has died already customer has now gone onto a good quality oem bush and finds it better.
My opinion would be baker mounts and as for fronts a good oem bush polly bushes have far to bush movement from my experience.

Interesting Smile might get the bm baker rear bushes and see what happens with the front 
Thanks given by:
So bit of an update, went to Matt's yesterday and fitted S1 Rallye manual window mechanisms, Door cards and grab handles. I think it looks a lot better than the big GTi door cards. Also weight reduction bro. Only thing I need to do is try get a couple of spray cans mixed up so I can spray the centre of the doors because being typical Peugeot they only sprayed part of the doors
[attachment=23900]
Thanks given by:
Haha peugeot,tight bastard lol

Looks really good mate, what else do you plan on doing before pugfest ??
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
nah, dont paint them...do you know how much paint weighs!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2015, 08:32 AM)7057sam Wrote: Haha peugeot,tight bastard lol

Looks really good mate, what else do you plan on doing before pugfest ??

Thanks mate Smile and before Pugfest will be a good clean up inside and out, new wheels ninja and little bits like that. After Pugfest is when most of the work will take place. New bushes all round, new rear beam finally on, fixing the rust on the inside arch, weld in harness bars to the cage and save for some decent tyres. Unsure what to go for. They will be on 15" wheels

(21-06-2015, 08:41 AM)Piggy Wrote: nah, dont paint them...do you know how much paint weighs!?

Haha I need to find a place that mixes decent sundance yellow. Plan on respraying the inside so it's all yellow not just parts of it lol
Thanks given by:
Good luck getting a decent mix on the paint. The original paint was lead based which is not allowed any more. Even the closest of water based mixes don't match perfectly.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2015, 10:11 AM)Niall Wrote: Good luck getting a decent mix on the paint. The original paint was lead based which is not allowed any more. Even the closest of water based mixes don't match perfectly.

Ah well anything close will be fine Smile not looking for show quality. Any recommendations on places to mix paint? I imagine halfords matches wouldn't be the best 
Thanks given by:
If your doing the whole inside, personally I'd just get halfords or something as it'll be close enough and doubt it would be noticed on the inside.
If it was outside I'd get matching.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2015, 11:49 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: If your doing the whole inside, personally I'd just get halfords or something as it'll be close enough and doubt it would be noticed on the inside.
If it was outside I'd get matching.

Yeah could be the easier/cheaper option 
Thanks given by:
If you do it up to the door shuts (not inside them) I doubt it would be noticeable
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2015, 12:03 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: If you do it up to the door shuts (not inside them) I doubt it would be noticeable

Was thinking of blending it into the door seals. That way it looks more seamless Smile
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2015, 12:08 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(21-06-2015, 12:03 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: If you do it up to the door shuts (not inside them) I doubt it would be noticeable

Was thinking of blending it into the door seals. That way it looks more seamless Smile
Yeah probably a much better idea :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2015, 12:36 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(21-06-2015, 12:08 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

Yeah probably a much better idea :-)

Gonna need quite a few cans I think haha
Thanks given by:
So I got some S1 manual mirrors off Matt when I went up and got the window mech. I was planning on fitting them but didn't like the all black casing and didn't want to spray them as there textured. So I had a bit of a brainwave and thought about swapping over the manual internals into the electric ones. I had a look on line for a guid but couldn't find anyone that has done it, they just seem to buy whole new units. The main reasons I swapped it over is 1. It's lighter 2. Electric ones didn't work 3. I like a challenge Tongue 

I took some progress pics so you can see what was involved. 

Step 1 is to remove the mirror itself

[attachment=23926]

Then remove the motor unit

[attachment=23927]

Then remove base plate and wiring 

[attachment=23928]

Then fit the manual base plate

[attachment=23929]

Then fit the manual mechanism 

[attachment=23930]

Then refit the S1 Mirror and it was done Smile so it's and S2 body with S1 manual internals and S1 mirror. May seem like a simple task but I'm really proud of it. Managed to do it without knowing if it will work or even what was inside. Never taken one apart. So have manual mirrors and windows Big Grin

[attachment=23931]
Thanks given by:
Decided to start taking the sound deadening stuff and headliner off today Smile it came off pretty easy around the boot but I'm struggling to get it off the footwells. May have to use a heat gun. It's coming along though Smile got some plans for it in the next few months hopefully it all goes well

[attachment=23977]

[attachment=23978]
Thanks given by:
Looks good man. Always wanted one of these. Had an xsi back in the day with those same door cards.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: