106 Track Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
(12-06-2015, 08:19 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: As I've said to you in person, awesome car Big Grin

What tyres is it runinng? If track spec, might not want to use it as a daily.

It's running Toyo Proxes 4. Really good tyres, I was hammering it into roundabouts and it just kept finding grip

(12-06-2015, 08:20 AM)7057sam Wrote: I d definitely stick with 15's if you going to run track tyres  which are thicker(probably still scrub them)

Also they a hell of alot cheaper and widely available second hand

Yeah 15" 1.2's is what I'm after but love these wheels, fill the arches nicely Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks good. Glad youre happy with it. So what exactly are the plans? track or fast road?
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2015, 08:44 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Looks good. Glad youre happy with it. So what exactly are the plans? track or fast road?

Thanks man Smile and to be honest I'm not 100% sure at the moment. Thinking fast road because I enjoy driving so much. That way I can just swap the car on my policy and enjoy it for a while then go back to the DT. Not stripping it out as much as the other one 
Thanks given by:
De-wipered the car today Smile makes the back look a lot cleaner, next is to de badge the back. Still unsure how much I'm gonna strip probably just carpet and head liner and go from there
[attachment=23766]

Also trying to figure out what the wheels are from. They're 16" Michelin wheels
[attachment=23767]
Thanks given by:
They aren't the same as what ZX Volcane is running if they are stamped michelin.

Could be an older version of them i suppose, what do the rest of the markings say?
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2015, 04:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: They aren't the same as what ZX Volcane is running if they are stamped michelin.

Could be an older version of them i suppose, what do the rest of the markings say?

Mostly just numbers I'll have to have a proper look at them, I like them anyway Smile have 4 almost new Toyo Proxe 4's on them. Just need to find some 1.2's for the right price 
Thanks given by:
If they're 16 inch they're not C5's....
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Some C5s came with 16" steels but they arent the lightweight alloy steels.
Thanks given by:
nice to see you finally have it! I bet you have had some right old fun with it!
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2015, 06:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Some C5s came with 16" steels but they arent the lightweight alloy steels.

Yeah I think they are just standard 16" C5 wheels. Kinda weighty but oh well Smile

(13-06-2015, 09:34 PM)procta Wrote: nice to see you finally have it! I bet you have had some right old fun with it!

Definitely! Used half a tank in a couple of days lol luckily only takes like £40-£50 to fill it up haha
Thanks given by:
be only a 30 litre tank or something, mine takes about that too to fill it up.
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2015, 10:09 PM)procta Wrote: be only a 30 litre tank or something, mine takes about that too to fill it up.

Yeah well worth it Smile the smiles per gallon are off the chart. Probably take the carpet and headliner out tomorrow 
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2015, 10:16 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(13-06-2015, 10:09 PM)procta Wrote: be only a 30 litre tank or something, mine takes about that too to fill it up.

Yeah well worth it Smile the smiles per gallon are off the chart. Probably take the carpet and headliner out tomorrow 

they are very addictive aren't they!  
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2015, 10:23 PM)procta Wrote:
(13-06-2015, 10:16 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

they are very addictive aren't they!  

Yep! Was contemplating using it as a daily but I don't think it's feasible haha so will have it as a fast road/track car. That way I can still use it on the road if I want to Smile 
Thanks given by:
no harm in having it as a back up mind, my little egg beater is there for a back up in case all else fails.
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2015, 10:30 PM)procta Wrote: no harm in having it as a back up mind, my little egg beater is there for a back up in case all else fails.

Yeah I was thinking I could just switch the car on my current policy like I've currently done Smile I'm gonna be using this as a daily for about a month before going back to the 306
Thanks given by:
I tell you what, you will forget what the 306 is like to drive! I did last year, after nearly a good month!
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2015, 10:41 PM)procta Wrote: I tell you what, you will forget what the 306 is like to drive! I did last year, after nearly a good month!

Will probably feel like a boat to drive lol tempted to change the beam tomorrow 
Thanks given by:
for me the 306 was like a Rolls Royce, after stepping back into it. I did miss it mind, even though the egg beater is a scream to drive.
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2015, 10:47 PM)procta Wrote: for me the 306 was like a Rolls Royce, after stepping back into it. I did miss it mind, even though the egg beater is a scream to drive.

Yeah I'm having a blast with it. Found something useful if you hoon it past kids on scooters they scream lol gotta love a 3" pugsport 
Thanks given by:
So made some progress with the car today, sadly found rust on the front right arch which I'm sure can be fixed?
[attachment=23795]

On the plus side I've stripped the carpet and sound deadening out Smile saved a good few kilos the sound deadening alone weighs 5kg

[attachment=23796]

Also really happy with the engine. Good strong pull and oil cap and cams look really healthy Smile 
[attachment=23797]

[attachment=23798]
Thanks given by:
yeah you can fix that, get some one who can weld.
Thanks given by:
how have i only just seen this. awesome motor. and yes that rust can be easily repaired
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2015, 07:52 PM)procta Wrote: yeah you can fix that, get some one who can weld.

Yeah Stef is going to weld it for me Smile

(14-06-2015, 08:51 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: how have i only just seen this. awesome motor. and yes that rust can be easily repaired

Thanks dude picked it up a few days ago Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks great,so have you binned the flat arched 106 now then ??
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2015, 12:57 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looks great,so have you binned the flat arched 106 now then ??

Yeah I swapped it for a trailer in the end Smile 
Thanks given by:
Gave it a bit of a clean today Smile went round all the seals as well as they were covered in dirt. Going to clean all the inside just before Pugfest. Loads of dirt and rubbish that was under the carpet. Luckily now I can just scrub it down with a wet sponge now it's a pare interior Smile so easy to keep clean
[attachment=23831]

[attachment=23832]

[attachment=23833]
Thanks given by:
Yellow looks so good!
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2015, 02:40 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Yellow looks so good!

Thanks man Smile best colour for a 106. Need to find some decent polish for it
Thanks given by:

Little clip my mate took on his go-pro of me messing about haha doesn't redline till 8k lol
Thanks given by: