106 Track Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
(11-05-2015, 10:34 AM)Stef205 Wrote: Agreed 3" is far to big!! I only use a 2.5" on mine. 2" or 2 1/4" is plenty.

I'll measure it up when I get it so see if it's the whole system or just the rear that's 3" seen online that it's just the rear section that's 3" and the rest is 2" 
Thanks given by:
If it's just the rear section it'll be fine. But then i'd question whether or not it's really pugsport, as they sure as hell wouldn't have made a system that went from 2" to 3".

Sorry mate, not meaning to piss on your parade here, looks great otherwise!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
3" Pugsport will be referring to the backbox, they are £170 odd new.

It won't be a 3" complete system!
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 12:41 PM)Poodle Wrote: If it's just the rear section it'll be fine. But then i'd question whether or not it's really pugsport, as they sure as hell wouldn't have made a system that went from 2" to 3".

Sorry mate, not meaning to piss on your parade here, looks great otherwise!

Yeah it's the Group N (pugsport) system with there 3" back box

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/pe...t-106.html

(11-05-2015, 12:49 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: 3" Pugsport will be referring to the backbox, they are £170 odd new.

It won't be a 3" complete system!

Yeah my mistake Smile it's the system I linked above. So it's the real deal
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, so just a 3" exit, that makes more sense lol. Have you got any plans to mod the rest of the car? Lools like a pretty complete package already.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 05:05 AM)Poodle Wrote: Ah ok, so just a 3" exit, that makes more sense lol. Have you got any plans to mod the rest of the car? Lools like a pretty complete package already.

Yeah it's pretty complete but there's always room for mods Big Grin Going to...

• Underseal the whole car
• Strip the rest of the interior
• Put my door cards and door pulls in
• Cut off the glovebox on the dash (not going to mental on the dash)
• Flock the dash 
• Wire in the Omex rev limiter
• Weld in harness bars on the cage
• Put my new beam on 
• Bonnet Pins 
• Mocal oil cooler
• Slimline fans
• De-wiper
• Aerial Blank
• Throttle bodies (one day)
• Ph3 Newman cams or catcams (not sure what's better)
• Remap once cams are in
• JP4 Cam covers
• TD 1.2s
• Stud conversion 

Probably more as well but can't think. Any more suggestions?
Thanks given by:
I agree with most of that apart from the Omex rev limiter and cutting of the dash. Wink
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 02:13 PM)Stef205 Wrote: I agree with most of that apart from the Omex rev limiter and cutting of the dash. Wink

I'm just removing the glove box part like this Smile what's wrong with the Rev limiter?

[attachment=23147]
Thanks given by:
For a track car there's no need for it, you have a engine limiter in the ecu. I've even dragged against cars with it fitted and it's hopeless no control over its doings. Unlike the Omex ecu function which has many variable controls for it unless burning your exhaust valves out was something you wanted Wink its main design is for turbo applications to stop lag. I only use it on mine ecu to take power out of the car. Of course just my opinions. Smile
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 02:24 PM)Stef205 Wrote: For a track car there's no need for it, you have a engine limiter in the ecu. I've even dragged against cars with it fitted and it's hopeless no control over its doings. Unlike the Omex ecu function which has many variable controls for it unless burning your exhaust valves out was something you wanted Wink its main design is for turbo applications to stop lag. I only use it on mine ecu to take power out of the car. Of course just my opinions. Smile

Fair enough Smile thats a great help so maybe worth sacking it off and selling it? 
Thanks given by:
I'm not saying selling it or not fitting it but it won't help you other than when you want to pop the odd flame in your local car park but it may or cause cause damage etc
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 02:32 PM)Stef205 Wrote: I'm not saying selling it or not fitting it but it won't help you other than when you want to pop the odd flame in your local car park but it may or cause cause damage etc

Haha it pops a flame without it. I don't want to damage the car so if it has no real benefit for track then there's no point keeping it Smile may keep hold of it but if someone wants it then I will sell it. Making this car as best as I can get it so want to do things that will benefit it not potentially destroy it haha
Thanks given by:
Don't get me wrong it's funny doing it but I've killed my lambda from incorrect settings and it's dam addictive! But in the long run it won't benefit you unless you fit a snail Wink
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 02:37 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Don't get me wrong it's funny doing it but I've killed my lambda from incorrect settings and it's dam addictive! But in the long run it won't benefit you unless you fit a snail Wink

Fair enough Smile when I took it for a test drive it shit me up. So would be fun to do some launch control launches  lol breaks the speed limit way to fast. Trying to decide on cams at the moment 
Thanks given by:
Nathan have sold this now ? seen somthing on Facebook today with pictures of this saying how he's hoping to get to FCS
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 11:33 PM)7057sam Wrote: Nathan have sold this now ? seen somthing on Facebook today with pictures of this saying how he's hoping to get to FCS

Yeah sold the silver one and picking up the yellow GTi in a couple of months
Thanks given by:
hurry up Nathan and get this thing bought! get 70hr a week in!
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2015, 04:37 PM)procta Wrote: hurry up Nathan and get this thing bought! get 70hr a week in!

I would love to but can't get anymore hours need to think of some other ways to get more money together
Thanks given by:
Yeah come on! I wanna weld these harness bars in! Wink
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(21-05-2015, 04:48 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Yeah come on! I wanna weld these harness bars in! Wink

Haha I'm itching to get it but need to save another £600
Thanks given by:
Soooo this happened today! Big Grin fair to say I'm extremely happy. Just can't believe it's here. The drive back was the best drive of my life. All B-roads and motorway so got to do a proper test. Best car I've ever driven. Nothing this thing can't do. I see why 106 drivers loose their licences, this thing just wants to go fast. I've swapped my insurance over to this for a while so it gets a proper run about. All comments welcome guys Smile

[attachment=23729]
Thanks given by:
Well done mate,finally you have it Smile

Get cleaning and get some pictures up,when's it first track outing ?
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2015, 07:47 PM)7057sam Wrote: Well done mate,finally you have it Smile

Get cleaning and get some pictures up,when's it first track outing ?

Thanks mate Smile and it will be at pugfest for some hill climbs Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Wanna swap the C5s for clones?
Thanks given by:
Noo the C5's look great, are lighter & worth more!
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2015, 06:42 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Noo the C5's look great, are lighter & worth more!

This apart from them being slightly weaker.
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2015, 12:43 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Wanna swap the C5s for clones?

Sorry mate not after clones. I'll look into some 1.2's soon

(12-06-2015, 06:42 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Noo the C5's look great, are lighter & worth more!

Yeah they suit the car really well 16" so scrape the arches on full lock. Luckily full lock isn't really needed on track haha
Thanks given by:
As I've said to you in person, awesome car Big Grin

What tyres is it runinng? If track spec, might not want to use it as a daily.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
I d definitely stick with 15's if you going to run track tyres which are thicker(probably still scrub them)

Also they a hell of alot cheaper and widely available second hand
Thanks given by:
True about the tyres.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by: