Posts: 8
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: minehead somerset
hi guys, ive had my 306now for a few years. its a bit rat look but as it only cost me £125 I think its the best way. Mods I have done are boost gauge and waste gate turned up to boost at 15psi. lucas pump swapped for a bosch unit. LDA boost pin turned round fuel turned up and governor mod done. Rear beam has been lowered with bilstine shocks and -60mm 106 front springs (from a car I wrote off about 10 years ago) Oh yeah don't forget the home made bonnet scoop for extra flow over the intercooler haha. So far I think I have only spent about £500 on the car in the 2 years ive had it including cambelt change and the alloy wheels. Oh and the fact I can run it on veg oil from Tesco for 80p a litre means this car is probably the cheapest car ive ever had.
[img]
![[Image: IMG_1087_zps7b6a82e2.jpg]](http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp130/umperdunk/IMG_1087_zps7b6a82e2.jpg)
[/img]
Posts: 33
Threads: 5
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Crowborough, East Sussex
Car Model/Spec: China Blue Hdi 5 door
03-01-2015, 12:04 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2015, 02:42 PM by tartboy.)
What a beast, nice one. What kind of MPG are you getting out of it?
Posts: 4,189
Threads: 61
Joined: May 2012
Reputation:
11
Location: Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: rallye,Astor 6
Haha sweet i remember that volcom logo from my skateboarding days
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Posts: 8
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: minehead somerset
I get about 600 miles to a tank but I don't tend to drive slow.
Posts: 33
Threads: 5
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Crowborough, East Sussex
Car Model/Spec: China Blue Hdi 5 door
03-01-2015, 04:25 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2015, 04:26 PM by tartboy.)
(03-01-2015, 03:08 PM)umperdunk Wrote: I get about 600 miles to a tank but I don't tend to drive slow.
That's awesome, I get about 630 in my HDI so very good considering yours is on veg oil as well
Posts: 8
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: minehead somerset
cheers its good to be here. My last diesel was a mk1 caddy I did quite a lot of work on that. was running about 160hp but I went through 4 gearboxes in the few years I had it so im not going to tune the 306 much more. maybe a 2.5" straight through just too get it spooling quicker but that's about it.
[img]
![[Image: 2012-08-30194025.jpg]](http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp130/umperdunk/2012-08-30194025.jpg)
[/img]
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
Welcome!
Looks quite cool!
15psi is about standard to be honest...get it wound up a bit!!
Posts: 8
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: minehead somerset
like I said before I don't really want to tune it much more because you just loose the reliability. I ran my caddy at 21psi and it used to get hot so fast when I was flat out. if I turn the boost up I will need a bigger exhaust.