Crash Claim Help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash Claim Help!
Somebody went into my car... AGAIN! for the third time this month! :o

The first time was somebody rolling back into me at a set of lights... - no damage
second time somebody was half way round turning off and slammed on so i went in the back of them - no details swapped
third time was saturday evening where i drove into morissons and was reversing into a spot when a brand new ford mondeo reversed into me!

In this extremely realistic diagram i am the red box and he is the blue box! D:

[Image: crash2.png]

and the damage. It should pop back out but the paint has also been taken off :/

[Image: damage.png]

Now here is my predicament! I already have the 1.4 with decent wings and a good colour match so I can easily swap them over.... Was then thinking about asking the guy for money for my time and parts?

Or should I be going through his insurance. He was 50+ so like if he has a NCB it must be pretty big and in his interest not to loose it?

What do you think?
Thanks given by:
You can go either way mate - first of all discuss it with mr blue... if he's happy to chuck you £50, he'd be a lot better off if he knows it's his fault..

If he's not happy - go through the insurance.

again, another irrelevant thread from rowell :|
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Ask him for a cash settlement. Tell him 50 quid because you have a mate in the trade. If you go through insurance, yours goes up as well
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
is it actually going to cost you though?

If you can repair your car without going through insurance, imo, morally, you should. Because insurance is expensive enough as it is, just be a decent human being and talk to the guy about it.

If you already have parts, then your time could be some beer tokens. Long as the guy isnt an arse and has already apologized, then in my view there would be no need to punish him.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:If you go through insurance, yours goes up as well

Not true..
Thanks given by:
Just mak sure he knows its in BOTH of your interests to keep it out of insurances

How long to change a wing? Make sure yo get a few quid for the part and then a lil more for time
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
JJ0063 Wrote:

Not true..
99% of the time because insurance company policies are daylinght robbery
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Non fault claims don't increase your premium, not where I work anyway Wink
Thanks given by:
JJ0063 Wrote:

Not true..

Not what I've just been told by admiral wih my claim for some dick crashing into me...
Apparently statistically your more likely to have another accident than someone who's never had one.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Non fault claims increase your premium as you are driving your car in areas/circumstances where you are deemed by the insurance company 'more likely to be involved in an incident'.

Wrong I know, but go cash for it Sam, far less hastle. If no witnesses were present and he says 'no he hit me' it could go split liability. Then you will potentially lose NCB. Look at my thread about some c**t driving into the back of me, explains it all...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
id just replace it with a spare wing, you can play the card of its gonna cost x amount for a replacement wing, and x amount to have it painted. f*cking about with insurance companies isnt worth the hassle at all, as they will write that off. insurances do anything to get out things. a coachworks said they would rather fix a car than write them off, as they get £50 per car they write off and the insurances blagg the rest!
Thanks given by:
Bollocks they won't write that off. A new wing is 50 quid and maybe 150 in paint and labour.

I've just been quoted 650 to repair my bumper and wing. I said to the guy at the insurance I don't want to submit that quote if it will write the car off. He said he had even considered it considering how good a condition the car is.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ok if i try to get a cash settlement sorted and he doesnt accept... if then i make a claim does the fact i offered a cash settlement void the claim or anything like that?
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:Ok if i try to get a cash settlement sorted and he doesnt accept... if then i make a claim does the fact i offered a cash settlement void the claim or anything like that?
Dont tell them. They don't like it. If he doesn't go cash, just take it on the chin. You've got the part so it's going to cost you nothing.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ok and ive googled swapping wings. Simple as this?

Quote:you would need to drill out the 2 rivets under the bonnet and then unbolt the 10mm studs that hold it in place.......
Thanks given by:
There's 1 underneath the car where the side skirt is, 1 in the door shut and 1 on top of the wing with 2 rivets
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:There's 1 underneath the car where the side skirt is, 1 in the door shut and 1 on top of the wing with 2 rivets

yep just had a look. Seems to be 2 in the door shut, Slam panel bolt, 1 rivet and a raised circle which doesnt look like a rivet, and another bolt on top! Right swapping this shouldnt be to bad! Now to ask for my £50!
Thanks given by:
When some nonce, also in a BMW, reversed into my car in tesco the repair bill came to around £700, even though the damage wasn't even as bad as that lol. Secret is, if his insurance is paying, send it to the pros, went to the local pug garage and got it done properly Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Kezzieboy Wrote:When some nonce, also in a BMW, reversed into my car in tesco the repair bill came to around £700, even though the damage wasn't even as bad as that lol. Secret is, if his insurance is paying, send it to the pros, went to the local pug garage and got it done properly Tongue

Exactly. You have to remember that if your car is worth, for example £1000 and the damage comes in at £1100 to repair, they will try and write it off but you can argue it. If your in a position where your car was in mint condition and he payout won't buy you another car of that condition, you can argue your case with pics before the damage. The insurance company have to put you back in the position you was in before the crash.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Don't forget the top bolt on the slam panel holding the front of the wing in
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Did you mention your sore neck?

Haha
Thanks given by:
JJ0063 Wrote:Did you mention your sore neck?

Haha

Don't get me started on that one!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Haha

yeh, seriously, jog on

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Fooby Wrote:

Haha

yeh, seriously, jog on

Otherwise fooby will attempt to kick you, fall over and then you will have a sore neck from laughing!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Tbh I'd just change the wing and leave it......not worth the agro imo. Smile
Thanks given by:
if thats a supermarket car park...would insurance cover it tho? be deemed as a private road would it not?

sure ive read something like that before or ive just made it up
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ben87 Wrote:if thats a supermarket car park...would insurance cover it tho? be deemed as a private road would it not?

sure ive read something like that before or ive just made it up

Yes. When someone drove into my car in sainsburys and I almost knocked the lady garden out and the police got involved, I had to tell insurance and they were trying to get me to claim on his insurance. Didn't want to as it was only a indicator which was 13 quid lol.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
Fooby Wrote:yeh, seriously, jog on

Otherwise fooby will attempt to kick you, fall over and then you will have a sore neck from laughing!

your couch, you cheeky fecker*

*its true Sad

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Sooner you accept it, the sooner you can start realising you need to start shopping for more appropriate footware.

Awaits some form of abuse or horrendous name change/admin right abuse
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
lol ^^
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server Crash Mighty306 5 2,928 20-12-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Fooby
  Car insurence after non fault crash! P-Courty 10 2,250 14-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Last Post: P-Courty
  Prescott Hill Crash - S/C Lotus Exige leaves track, lands in next field. Dum-Dum 29 11,036 09-09-2015, 11:53 AM
Last Post: 1616six