Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rear beam shaft differences
#1
I've had a browse around on the net, but can't find an answer. Does anyone know why the two shafts differ slightly?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
#2
They don't always, and there's certainly no need for them to - any refurbished beam will likely have a pair of matching shafts fitted.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
#3
Cheers, I didn't think there was any reason for it. Just seems strange that they would have made them like that as it would have cost them more to manufacture.
I was going to use a hybrid arb but I may get my new shafts bored out before I rebuild the beam so I can use a 30mm one.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
#4
just buy new shafts, not used any yet that weren't big enough for a 30mm bar.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
#5
There are a few around, mainly the cheap ones, OE and Febi ones I know are fine as thats what I use on mine
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 30,779 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 3,330 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam rebuild MOK 21 15,496 18-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MOK

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)