Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is my engine dying?
#1
Is this an issue? When I rev the engine after start up it shakes and rumbles a bit. Not sure if it's dying or not :/ any help appreciated

#2
Nah, not dying. Just trying to stall, probably just the ICV. Smile
#3
(24-04-2014, 03:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Nah, not dying. Just trying to stall, probably just the ICV. Smile

I may have to find a Magnetti one, it's so annoying just doesn't know what revs to stay at
#4
I can't watch the vid due to lack of signal but you could try cleaning it out to prolong its life
#5
(24-04-2014, 04:44 PM)306Dan Wrote: I can't watch the vid due to lack of signal but you could try cleaning it out to prolong its life

Where's it located to? Is it behind the throttle body?
#6
I'll try get you a pic shortly
#7
(24-04-2014, 05:32 PM)306Dan Wrote: I'll try get you a pic shortly

Thanks mate Smile
#8
[Image: icv.jpg]
#9
(24-04-2014, 06:02 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: [Image: icv.jpg]

I seen this on my car today, I took it off and there is like a brass post thing that stays in the throttle body, should I take the post thing out and clean it up?
#10
That sounds like you've removed the Throttle Position Sensor.
#11
(24-04-2014, 07:14 PM)gretsch-drummer Wrote: That sounds like you've removed the Throttle Position Sensor.

I haven't touched it, don't even know what it looks like haha
#12
if you've taken the ICV out and theres any bit of it left in the TB than it's dead, lol no amount of cleaning is bringing that back..
Project: Formula Peugeot
#13
(24-04-2014, 08:11 PM)John1.4 Wrote: if you've taken the ICV out and theres any bit of it left in the TB than it's dead, lol no amount of cleaning is bringing that back..

Yeah there was something left in the TB it was a brass colour. just need to find a Magneti ICV to replace it


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)