Joey the VNT boosted 205!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey the VNT boosted 205!
Joey up to his old tricks as usual! lmao

Tom, this will happen again and again and will be forever chasing your tail but i assure you when it runs well, it runs well! Good going lobb!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Brakes need sorting aswell apparently lol, i dont mind doing stuff like that, maybe diving into the pump build was a bit ambitious, even though Lobb did say when he took it apart he didnt notice anything out of place, he just put it together as he would a normal pump and it was fine. Im glad Darrens drove it because he finds shit no one else even notices so its going to be a weapon when the brakes and suspension are sorted out.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Bet you cant wait to have it back, only a very small club of diesel owners here can spin the wheels in 4th with decent tyres.
Thanks given by:
I dont have decent tyres haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Its on 175 falkens, to be fair, dosnt take alot to light it up lol.......

Have cut the fuel / right back to a safe level...the motor is nie on stock, stock studs etc, it would be a ticking time bomb left wound wide open like that. Tom needs the car to stay together, and tbh, 25psi clean on boost is MORE than enough power in this car....if you want to daily drive it anyway.

Would make a chronic win track day car this with a cage and a 400whp mtdi mounted the wrong way with better running gear.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Not to mention they're nearly on the limit on the front!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
awesome work by Darren, hope all goes well tom.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its not enough boost unless it lights up 175s in 5th lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Glad to see it in safe hands haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Haha awesome work
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 10:27 AM)Piggy Wrote: Its not enough boost unless it lights up 175s in 5th lmao

From talking to Darren im sure we could easily manage that!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
nice to see it back up and running, also it pays to have someone else who's bang on, look the car over too, i did this with the rover. One of the lads who races in the mg metro cup, build a very fast one, that was 215 bhp road car. look mine over, to make sure it was ok.
Thanks given by:
Darrens literally gave me a list of things to sort that will make it a proper bang on epic machine.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 02:11 PM)Tom Wrote: Darrens literally gave me a list of things to sort that will make it a proper bang on epic machine.

good stuff! the mg metro cup lads, said a lot of don'ts with mine, and a couple of things that it needs, a better exhaust and dampers. That was it, the car is spot on, what was picked up on tho, was a rear arb bush that was f*cked. i later found out it was a mgf rear arb bush! so that was quickly sorted.
Thanks given by:
Do it!!!!
Thanks given by:
It needs brakes, torsion bars, and lots of little knocks and rattles sorting. And to be forged up obviously!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 02:23 PM)Tom Wrote: It needs brakes, torsion bars, and lots of little knocks and rattles sorting. And to be forged up obviously!

good stuff, so a chassis tune up! plus there are things you mite want to change that max has done. id get some of the rust holes patched too.
As for the rattles, id put that down to age of the car, as it is 22 years old now. my rover suffers from the rattles too.
Thanks given by:
Chassis was my next port of call after engine, so now the engines doing well i can move on. The main rattle is the exhaust that rubs on the arb, need to get that sorted.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 02:33 PM)Tom Wrote: Chassis was my next port of call after engine, so now the engines doing well i can move on. The main rattle is the exhaust that rubs on the arb, need to get that sorted.

my exhaust baffles are blown out now, so the box is practically ready to blow.
What i did was sort the shell out to a certain degree, ie got it mot standard. Then dropped my engine in, with a overhauled subframe with the proper gearbox and rad. After i put the car on the road, it really started to come on. As i got the chance to tweak and change bits. With in two weeks, after the car was on the road, it wasn't the same car that sat on the drive way. Yours will be the same once you start with your tweaks and setup.
Thanks given by:
Just had some very bad news from Darren, he thinks Joeys dropped a precup, not sure if im going to carry on anymore.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 04:27 PM)Tom Wrote: Just had some very bad news from Darren, he thinks Joeys dropped a precup, not sure if im going to carry on anymore.

Mtfu and get a new head/engine
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Or replace for a '6 lump.. added bonus of reliability..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Theres no point sticking a new head on it, it could just go again in 10, 100, 1000 miles.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 04:33 PM)Tom Wrote: Theres no point sticking a new head on it, it could just go again in 10, 100, 1000 miles.

Such is life with any tuned car...
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 04:27 PM)Tom Wrote: Just had some very bad news from Darren, he thinks Joeys dropped a precup, not sure if im going to carry on anymore.

Are you sure that darren cant just do some magical dance in front of it to fix it?

TBH a head change isn't that bad, or a new block for that matter?

If the car is tax, MOT'd & insured it could work out cheaper than looking for another?

Think of the potential of that 205!

obviously your call though.
Thanks given by:
poor joey...

man up and get it sorted
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 04:33 PM)Tom Wrote: Theres no point sticking a new head on it, it could just go again in 10, 100, 1000 miles.

Thats like saying i could die in 70 years or 7 days. So what!? Man the f*ck up and get on with it! :p

You didn't honestly expect it to be the pinnacle of reliability when trying to squeeze that much power from it did you?!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

a pain in the arse that is tom! sometimes its best to say enough is enough.
Thanks given by:
Im thinking i want to give Joey one last chance...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Get that shot sorted out, half a days work
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Project "KEV"....boosted Mini Piggy 59 20,228 24-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) ginge191 134 63,263 21-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: ginge191