chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;)
cars coming on well, id change the wipers to areo if you haven't done that yet.
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 12:49 PM)procta Wrote: cars coming on well, id change the wipers to areo if you haven't done that yet.

Don't like the aero ones, all though I did replace wipers a few thousand mile ago Smile

Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 01:06 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(10-11-2013, 12:49 PM)procta Wrote: cars coming on well, id change the wipers to areo if you haven't done that yet.

Don't like the aero ones, all though I did replace wipers a few thousand mile ago Smile

I found them to better than the old hinged ones.
Thanks given by:
Looks nice and oem with the xsI wheels think the 205 ones will look smart tho Big Grin

Ps. . . . . .

You board of it yet. ? :p
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 07:10 PM)ash23 Wrote: Looks nice and oem with the xsI wheels think the 205 ones will look smart tho Big Grin

Ps. . . . . .

You board of it yet. ? :p

I am bored of it tbh who knows once I sorted mot out might actually be for sale Smile but have to see how I feel once I've put mot on it

Thanks given by:
We'll bit of an update 30miles in to the journey to Cornwall, one of my wheel bearing decided to start making a terrible noise, so ended up turning around and coming in fiancees punto

Angry really annoyed with this car but I nearly replaced everything thing now so better off to carry on replacing everything else

Thanks given by:
So been for mot apparently one of the cleanest 106's the guy has seen for its age Smile no advisorys to

[Image: DSC_0223_zps97ea2aed.jpg]

Not sure if I'm keeping it or not yet as fancy something different see how I get on over next few days/weeks

Thanks given by:
just xud it, with those 205 wheels on...done
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Px for a 406? Tongue

Looking good, it's a really tidy little motor!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(18-11-2013, 10:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: just xud it, with those 205 wheels on...done

Yer i keep looking in to it, but if it happens i will be surprised would really love to do it, carnt imagine what a 170bhp turbo diesel 106 would feel like, Ive still got wheels all though i keep looking back at the pics with the lensos on an think it looked really nice back then doubt the 205 wheels will pull off the same look Undecided so unsure weather to get some lensos again or not

(18-11-2013, 11:05 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Px for a 406? Tongue

Looking good, it's a really tidy little motor!

lol I have been looking at 406's but when i did an insurance quote i nearly had a heart attack Wink thanks for offer tho Big Grin

And thanks its not bad bit rough round the edges needs some tlc to the body work really, but wrong time of year to bother.

Thanks given by:
Well been a long time since i updated this, tbh nothing has happend with it mainly just been a reliable daily mileage is now at 84,000 well just under, nearly done 20,000miles in it, its been nearly a year since i bought it, the longest time ive ever kept a car lol

Its not been washed for about 3 month, tracking issues up front.

Other than that still love it.

Just one picture, From this morning probably coldest morning we had first time its smoked from starting Big Grin

[Image: 106green181_zpse81c3fce.jpg]

Not sure on whats in store for the 106, as plans are to build the d turbo engine and get the 205 on the road hopefully around end of feb, but if i dont do it in time will be re-taxing this. May sell it once 205 is on road or brake or scrap, or even keep it and keep it as a spare car and tidy it up but not sure yet.

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
Bit of an update on this

As a few know I'm getting married this year we are also expecting a baby so this cars days are numbered as will be needing something bigger before end of year. So in between saving up for the baby and paying all the wedding stuff I will be doing this.

SO I'm setting about blowing this one by bolting a turbo to it Wink picked up a spare engine and box today picking up a turbo next week off Danny then I will set to work with the welder, I'm hoping to get the turbo down the back of the engine just going straight from turbo to inlet as not gonna be doing mega psi.

I will update with pictures at some point but don't have a decent phone at min so struggling with that one.........

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
Congrats on the baby dude! Good luck getting married. :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 05:01 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Congrats on the baby dude! Good luck getting married. :-)

Thanks Big Grin carnt wait

Thanks given by:
Congrats!!!!
That sounds like a good life plan Smile Smile

Oh and well done with the marriage and baby thing
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Putting a cooler on it? I've got a little one
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 05:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: Congrats!!!!
That sounds like a good life plan Smile Smile

Oh and well done with the marriage and baby thing

lol thanks Wink

(28-03-2014, 05:29 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Putting a cooler on it? I've got a little one

No dont think so only thinking 10psi max ive got one off a clio anyway saved it from last time I was supposed to turbo it lol

Thanks given by:
What little spooler ya guna use??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Like I say my turbo is sat there make me a offer
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 05:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: What little spooler ya guna use??

Gt15 off a hdi Smile

(28-03-2014, 05:48 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Like I say my turbo is sat there make me a offer

Thanks but as I put in the update im getting one off danny, thanks tho

Thanks given by:
10psi for now Wink

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 07:18 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: 10psi for now Wink

Ha ha ha to right Tongue

Thanks given by:
Going right off turboing this, gonna have to gearbox mounted as there's no way to get it down back due to amount of stuff down back of engine, gear linkages, starter motor, various water pipes, engine mount,etc etc .........

Think it's gonna be slow progress with it will carry on but it's not gonna be cheap as I was hoping and with money going else were it's not my first priority

Thanks given by:
Not be hard to box mount it pal

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
It's not hard to box mount, Samass did a proper job of it! And he did it pretty cheaply. Just got on with it
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Pics here from when i picked engine up

[Image: IMG_0075_zpsd8083487.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0077_zps1f55b1d0.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0076_zps03371710.jpg]

Ash_23 is donating me so flexi exhaust pipe to help with the gearbox mounting turbo Big Grin

Today i turned the pump down as since i fitted the 8mm pipe its smoked its its off even pure veg its been thick black smoke so hopefully now ive turned it down i might get some better mpg's as im down to 41mpg at the min Sad

Thanks given by:
Serviced it today 7th oil and oil filter change since I've had it

[Image: DSC_0001_zpsdlxaqrzo.jpg]

And changed air filter for first time in 20,000miles lol

[Image: DSC_0002_zpsjeeiyh8q.jpg]

Just clicked over to 89,000miles, gonna need some front pads very soon, also put all the Xsi alloys back on now taking snow tyres off so can grantee it throws it down with snow tomorrow lol

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
that filter looked bad! lol got ya moneys worth out of it Wink

this coild do with some bigger brakes if it will have a turvo Wink
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2014, 01:03 PM)ash23 Wrote: that filter looked bad! lol got ya moneys worth out of it Wink

this coild do with some bigger brakes if it will have a turvo Wink

It was having bigger brakes till some one bought them off me lol

Thanks given by:
Was bored today so looked at fitting the 205 radiator but it will be pretty much same as the radiator that's on there now as it is longer but shorter and not as wide. So gave that up as a bad job, I had a 306 thermostat in the shed I no the open at a lower temp (83c) were as the 106 one opens at 89c so looked at fitting that but it's alot bigger

So que the grinder Wink

[Image: DSC_0009_zps9kfwrtvj.jpg]

Not sure if that pic will be any good, but ground it down made it fit Smile now temp sits at 85c instead of over 90c

Gonna make a switch so I can manually switch the fan on but so it will switch still on its own when it's up to temp.

But I still think I'm gonna need a bigger radiator for cooling when the turbo is on.

In other news one of the wheel bearings has shit it's self so that's next on list when I've got enough money

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 13,303 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END Chris_90 309 87,092 29-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,611 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013