Need a jump start! Chandlers Ford Area

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a jump start! Chandlers Ford Area
Yo peeps. My dash lights all stopped working so this morning I left my lights onand now I have a flat battery. If someone has jump leads and is near IBM Hursley please let me know. If anyone has a spare dash fuse that would be great too.

Pm or Facebook.

Thanks
sam

Xx
Thanks given by:
Oh dear no aa or green flag??
Thanks given by:
Poodle is your best bet!
Bit far for me especially considering I dont have an aux belt or much electricity
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Naarrrrppp. I've got 3 days until I need to go home and company will pay for taxis
Thanks given by:
Jeez, not having much luck lately Sam! Undecided
Thanks given by:
Its not great mate. Life is being annoying. Didn't get a receipt from the taxi so I'm down 15 quid Sad
Thanks given by:
Poodle is in Chandlers Ford, your probably walking distance from him
Thanks given by:
If i had seen this before leaving work i would have helped you out. where abouts in chandlers ford are you?

Should have read fully, i don't have jump leads anyway. so i would have been no use
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Worst case im only in bournemouth and can pop up.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
ditto; in pompey, can get there in an hour or so. message me asap if you're desperate

ive got a selection of fuses also,

oh and its ginge, not eli.. this makes a difference Tongue
Thanks given by:
Been in touch with poodle so should be okay.
Thanks given by:
You have? May have given you the wrong number then lol, will send it again.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 07:19 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: oh and its ginge, not eli.. this makes a difference Tongue

Yeah, Id trust her to put the jump leads on the right way round
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 08:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 07:19 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: oh and its ginge, not eli.. this makes a difference Tongue

Yeah, Id trust her to put the jump leads on the right way round

lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
ok guys. We went to jump it. On stage 2 of the key turn the stop light and lights around the starting lights come up as if its full battery. When trying to start everything dies and all the lights start flashing. Any ideas?

Poodle has taken the battery home to charge it up properly as we dont think the jump leads were up to the job. Hopefully it will start tomorrow with a fully charged battery otherwise Ill not be going home for a while D:
Thanks given by:
Check the terminals. My old DT had a starting issue once or twice, the + terminal had got all furred up. Would all be ok, dash light etc then as soon as I went to start, nothing and lights died. Just got some sand paper and cleaned it up.
Thanks given by:
Skinny jump leads are probably the problem there tbh, hopefully it'll be alright tomorrow!
Thanks given by:
Hold the revs up on the car your jumping it with to get more current. You'll know the leads aren't man enough if they get hot.
Thanks given by:
Raise the revs and make sure the terminals are clean? Shit boys, this is gold, keep it coming! :p

The problem was the 100% flat battery, put it on fast charge as soon as I got home and was stil going when I went to bed. My man-sized leads are big enough to start a car with no battery at all, was just whinging about the normal-seized ones tbh lol, been spoilt with the kit at work.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It's also worth backing up the earth to the gearbox or something with another jump lead, I've had exactly the same issue before, and it just died when you turned the key.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
sounds like battery is too flat to jump...esp with poor leads.
all the charge from the jumper car is going into battery not the car so to speak.
charge battery and I bet it will fire up
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Exactly that piggy, solenoid didn't even click the first time I tried. Battery is fully charged now so should be fine.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ooh the excitement, will it work or is it something much worse.....
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a shit engine - chassis earth to me on sams car
Thanks given by:
lol

Nah it's blates the alternator, if it won't start then obviously the alternators not putting out enough power.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Could also be a f*cked battery, alternator might be putting charge out, but the battery might not hold it
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hahaha I was taking the piss, sorry. Sam ran his battery totally flat by leaving his lights on all day while he was at work, there's no big mystery lol. I'd be very surprised if there's anything else wrong with it, at least with regards to this particular incident.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Don't act like you understand cars Ruth!
Thanks given by:
Oh sorry I was trying to be helpful lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Appreciate the thought dude! lol

You should know i'm beyond help anyway. Wink

Sorry Scott, piping down. Angel
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mesh dirt jump bike karl1989 6 1,655 09-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Last Post: karl1989
  Anyone else watching the red bull sponsored space jump? Pompey306mark 20 4,222 15-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Last Post: samass