Posts: 37
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2013
Hi all, I'm after a performance back box for my y reg 1.8 16v cab, I've just bought one second hand off eBay off a dt but looking at it I don't think it will fit as my back box looks very long

If anyone has one for sale or can point me in the right direction that would be great
Thanks
Posts: 2,490
Threads: 164
Joined: Jun 2012
Reputation:
25
Location: Honiton
Car Model/Spec: Gti6
I've got a as powerflow cat back for sale, came off a hatch though
Posts: 37
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2013
Would it be long enough do u no? Or does anyone else no as my standard back box is very long like 93 cm ish where as on a standard backbox for a hdi it's only 73 cm ish
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
Cabby backbox has an extended tailpiece, the back box itself is the same as the hatch one, so in theory the aftermarket one will fit, just not stick out of the bumper cut out
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 37
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2013
Ah right ok, so maybe I could extend the exhaust from the middle pipe maybe??
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
Mid pipe to backbox should be fine, and the hangers should be fine, it's the tip that would need extending
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 37
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2013
Ah right ok sounds like it could be a pain in the arse tbh ;(
Posts: 2,105
Threads: 170
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
5
Location: west yorkshire
Car Model/Spec: xud 1.9 dturbo
I have a twin exit exhaust come with 2 twin back boxes
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died
Moonstone hdi stage 2
Posts: 37
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2013
Do u have any picks Karl ???