Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Oldest Car Reciept...
#1
....do I win? Big Grin

Found this while clearing through Grandads paperwork.

[Image: 28648009-ab51-40b2-85b6-c57fce8337cf_zpscad55fa0.jpg]

Yes that is a brand new Vauxhall Victor for just £1143 lol....couldn't even buy a decent '6 for that these days! How times have changed eh..... I found the options list good too....heated rear screen and auto reverse lights as options. lol Plus the spelling is terrible. Itwasntme


But also found this (much more recent) fuel receipt.....damn! Dodgy

[Image: VectraVidsandBreaking306012_zps784ec2e1.jpg]

40p a litre.........wouldn't have to worry about MPGz with prices like that! Tongue

Tom
#2
Epic. Didnt realise Copdock Tescos was there in the 1990. We surveyed that entire site a few years back for a extension! I thought it was quite a new place lol
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#3
40p a litr :o.

When I started noticing petrol prices, it was 90ppl.

Tbh, i think expensiver fuel = safer driving.id be driving on boost all day if it was 40ppl.

Then again, 40p was alot more back then to what it is now ^_^
#4
40p Jesus Christ! I'd be minted if fuel was that cheap! That's where all my wages go!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#5
They spelt colour 'colouer'???
#6
(07-05-2013, 08:49 PM)RePT Wrote: 40p a litr :o.

When I started noticing petrol prices, it was 90ppl.

Tbh, i think expensiver fuel = safer driving.id be driving on boost all day if it was 40ppl.

Then again, 40p was alot more back then to what it is now ^_^

True, I know its all relative.

But it's still more even as an equivalent.....in the 4 years I've been driving it's shot up for hovering around a pound a litre, to something like £1.36! That's a 30% increase...wages haven't gone up by 30% in the same time though.

Hmm, not sure about safer driving....my driving is less safe due to keeping a constant speed, not braking etc to conserve fuel lol. lol

(07-05-2013, 08:56 PM)vlj Wrote: They spelt colour 'colouer'???

And surely the colour is 'Goodwood' green? Like the racing cars, not 'Goodward' lol?

But I guess if you make a mistake on a type writer, it's not so easy to just hit backspace lol.
#7
lol 12 months road tax £25
#8
Still remember when fuel broke the £1 a litre mark and people went nuts... wonder how long til it breaks £2
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#9
(07-05-2013, 09:46 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Still remember when fuel broke the £1 a litre mark and people went nuts... wonder how long til it breaks £2

Feeling old lol....

But yeah..... I used to do 45mpg in the 1.4, that worked out nicely at 10p a mile with petrol a pound a litre........now I'm doing 13p a mile in a diesel doing more mpg lol! Sucks tbh.
#10
Dont think ive ever filled up at less than £1.20
#11
i can remember filling up my moped and getting change from £2
that thing only had a nats bladder of about 5 litres

20 fags and a full tank for £3
#12
Really? I thought you had a ped at 17? You're only a couple of months younger than me!

Edit - this was clearly aimed at Sam, not Cully lol! lol
#13
(07-05-2013, 10:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Really? I thought you had a ped at 17? You're only a couple of months younger than me!

yes tom really back in 1986 Big Grin
#14
(07-05-2013, 10:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Really? I thought you had a ped at 17? You're only a couple of months younger than me!

Edit - this was clearly aimed at Sam, not Cully lol! lol

actually yeh i had a ped at 16... still dont remember it being less than £1.20 though! and what a beast it was!

[Image: RS125Image2.jpg]
#15
My mum wasn't even driving in '86. lol
#16
(07-05-2013, 09:46 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Still remember when fuel broke the £1 a litre mark and people went nuts... wonder how long til it breaks £2

its already happened on some motorway petrol stations
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
#17
Lol Sam, I see where the theme of red started then! lol

First time ever filling up, May 2009, shell garage wherstead toad was 98.9ppl. Odd things my brain remembers lol.

Maybe fuels more expensive towards woodbridge though.
#18
I swear paper quality has really gone down the drain. My receipts are usually illegible after a year!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#19
Awesome find!

If I remember rightly, the VX4/90 was the sporty Victor? Basically an ancient Insignia VXR, but far cooler. Bet it had a bench seat and column shift Big Grin

/goestolookonebay
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#20
Yet still a worryingly shit Vauxhall - things haven't changed massively!!!

The only good things that have come out of GMs factories are the C20LET or have been stolen from Isuzu...

Yet the Cosworth YB is significantly better than a C20LET... So that's pretty much a moot point.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#21
(08-05-2013, 06:28 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Awesome find!

If I remember rightly, the VX4/90 was the sporty Victor? Basically an ancient Insignia VXR, but far cooler. Bet it had a bench seat and column shift Big Grin

/goestolookonebay

Knowing my Grandad, it would've been the sportiest, flashest one about at the time lol! lol
#22
(08-05-2013, 06:40 PM)Ruan Wrote: Yet still a worryingly shit Vauxhall - things haven't changed massively!!!

The only good things that have come out of GMs factories are the C20LET or have been stolen from Isuzu...

Yet the Cosworth YB is significantly better than a C20LET... So that's pretty much a moot point.

Ok, Vauxhalls are mostly shite, but GM?

Just to name a few...

Camaro
Firebird/Trans Am
GTO
Toronado
442
Le Mans
Riviera
Cutlass

The list could be endless mate. And there are good Vauxhalls, wouldn't say no to a droop snoot Firenza or a Chevette HSR....
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oldest peugeot?? Slam Wagon 3 2,251 29-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Last Post: bingham123456
  whos got the oldest 306 on here, procta 28 13,949 20-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Lego Jon
  Who is the oldest on here? ash240970 163 72,675 26-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Moonstone2.0

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)