POLICE SMASH MY CAR UP!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POLICE SMASH MY CAR UP!
(07-04-2013, 04:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: yeah right would you!

Ive already said i would have the hump but thats life.

you'd all have sumit to say!

and no, I have no idea London is on high alert.

Despite the fact its on the news most days? Despite the fact i do believe that the entire UK is on high alert?

I was taking me wife to see a cool canadian band in a cool part of london...

I know its a bit naive but hey...das me.

and FYI: police procedure...how were they not to know it was a pressure sensitive detonator or rocker switch?!

I dont know, im not a copper however they wouldnt just chance it. From what youve said you wernt there when it was smashed so how do you know it wasnt one of the bomb squad that did it? WHo would know!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Because the officer who did it told me he did it!

and I dont watch the news or listen to it. its all crap and bad news anyhow
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i can see were your coming from piggy i would be mega pissed BUT when you think about it they did the right thing and it could have been worse.......

Thanks given by:
They might have do the right thing initially, but telling him off and making him clean up the glass is a bit ridiculous.
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
Agreed, the fact they made you clean it up takes the absolute piss.
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I she because they made you clean it up was taking pics and making you drive home with no window.

But they did do the right thing end of the day. If you pulled up next to a car that looked suspicious and they did nothing you'd complain.

I knew where your coming from I've never been London so I wouldn't of thought about it either
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Piggy I can get you the address you need to write to to claim for the windo if you weren't given it at the time.

Id be royally passed off it was my car, IMO they should of given you some sort of help to clear the car out and make sure you'd be ok on the journey home even if it was just getting you to go back to the nick, a half arsed effort with the cleaners Hoover and a large evidence bag taped over the window.

If your coming to the camping meet I'll talk to you a bit more about it if not PM me
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 04:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: yeah right would you!

you'd all have sumit to say!

and no, I have no idea London is on high alert.

I was taking me wife to see a cool canadian band in a cool part of london...

I know its a bit naive but hey...das me.

and FYI: police procedure...how were they not to know it was a pressure sensitive detonator or rocker switch?!

I think you should just take one thing away from this, don't leave clear containers wit fluid on show if you go to London again... Your trying to turn it round on everyone else but at the end of the day, you left them there.
Thanks given by:
Christ, London is a completely different planet. If they saw that in cornwall they'd just wonder how anyone could fry that much food lol

I'm in complete agreement that ticking you off for it, and not helping you out for THEIR mistake is a pisstake, to be fair. That said I, like you, am a country bumpkin and struggle to comprehend that level of terrorism risk!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA QUALITY

Sorry youve just made my weekend

You wouldnt get that up north youd get a scouce nickin it for there derv haha

But havin said that a laptop bag was blown up in manchester and streets buildings evacuated for the day cos some silly fucker left there laptop at a bustop lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't forget, if it were a real bomb you could have had your mobile rigged to it, ready to detonate on receipt of a call. So no, I don't think it's a bad thing they didn't call you first.

Working for BP we're incredibly strict on Bomb procedures and regularly have to go over evacuation plans etc. We've even had an evacuation for a suspect package more than once. This is for an office of 1200 people. It seems stupid, however I've personally spoke to the police about it and they've said it's the right thing to do, and any suspicious package, no matter how small, should be called in.

Now take that and put it into the context of your situation. As much as they could have helped you out a bit more, at the end of the day they did their job, followed procedure and could have potentially saved thousands of lives. In the grand scheme of things your window would have been the least of their worries. Did you kick up much of a fuss about your window at the time?

Also regardless of where you live, you seriously have to be living under a rock if you think London isn't on high alert!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
the cotswolds are generally pretty big rocks Wink haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
FYI they WERE trying to ring me!!!

but couldnt find my number....despite there being business cards on display
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 06:37 PM)Kimmie Wrote: Did you kick up much of a fuss about your window at the time?

That brings up a good point. Most police that you deal with will treat you fairly and talk to you like a person if you do the same to them. Its only when you get shitty with them that they throw their weight about and act like an arsehole to you.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
What a bunch of nobs!!

I mean really???? the drivers window, did they not even think hang on a min we might be wrong, better do a back window incase we are and some ones needs to drive this car home???

what sort of pig IGNERENT lady garden have you got to be to smash someone's window all over the drivers seat bomb or not, Fair enough they were doing the job but to do that is just f*cking wrong!!! cop on a power trip IMO.

I would defo be putting in a complaint. Not because they smash'd the window, but because the way they went about it, the way they then spoke to you and the situation they left you in.

That is no way for the police to operate, They as supposed to set a f*cking example!!!!!! what sort of example is that??????/

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Same kind of ignOrAnt lady garden who parks a car up filled with vegetable oil in a densely populated part of London....

They probably made you clean up the glass in order to teach you a lesson. You certainly won't do it again now!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
C.A.R....you're a douche mate...

anyway...puglove...kinda how I feel but keeping calm.

and as regards my conduct...I was calm, called them all officers when addressing them and whilst apologising to THEM about if I had wasted police time one officer told me to "shut it, coz I'm talking now"

I didnt once use bad language, not once accuse them, not once even mentioning a complaint.

I would expect to be treated better than that by a thief
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ergh, why I dislike police. I was pulled the other day and I got out of the car for him to shout "get back in the damn car!"
I was like wtf!

Just put it down to an experience piggy,

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Well if that is truely the case, make a complaint because that isnt on if they are treating you like that but with regards to the window......

....Im still giggling.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 07:44 PM)Piggy Wrote: C.A.R....you're a douche mate...

anyway...puglove...kinda how I feel but keeping calm.

and as regards my conduct...I was calm, called them all officers when addressing them and whilst apologising to THEM about if I had wasted police time one officer told me to "shut it, coz I'm talking now"

I didnt once use bad language, not once accuse them, not once even mentioning a complaint.

I would expect to be treated better than that by a thief

Well you done better than me buddy, in that situation i wouldnt have had to worry about driving home as id of been spending the rest of the night in the cells

Id defo persue a complaint though buddy

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Just to clear things up...

I am not angry or upset with the police doing their job. In hind sight now yes I should have covered it all up or not had it there at all.

I AM irritated by the way they went about dealing with the situation and dealing with me and my wife.

FYI:I realised today that when they completely emptied my car out on the carpark, every pocket, that they didnt even mention my hunting knife I had forgotten to take out...now that I would have not minded being rollocked for...that was stupid of me leaving it in there...but nope. nout said
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Be honest would any of you really consider a few containers of veg oil in your car to constitute a bomb threat? Really? I mean you can see how the police would if they are trained to look out for stuff like that but as an average civilian?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 08:47 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: Be honest would any of you really consider a few containers of veg oil in your car to constitute a bomb threat? Really? I mean you can see how the police would if they are trained to look out for stuff like that but as an average civilian?

TBH most people would especially in London. most people remember the bombs in Haymarket. Most people have seen the terrorist adverts talking about drums of chemicals and gas bottles in unusual places/quantity's.

If youve got the drums of "chemicals" then all you need to detonate them is tiny and easily hidden, like less than fag packet size for a remote detonated device that is big enough to kill in its own right.
Thanks given by:
I'll be honest, I don't think the thought would have crossed my mind about what it looked like, but as has been said that's because I live oop North and not in London. I echo the opinion that the police have probably done the right thing in making sure it wasn't a bomb, but then surely they have the responsibility of making sure the innocent person is able to drive home safely.
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It is nigh on impossible to think of every consequence for every action we do. People look at things from a different perspectives dependant on the situation.
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
Did they explain why they smashed the window? Thats the first thing i would want to know.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
To be honest I didn't realise everyone in London was so jumpy.

Remind me to go on patrol in the tank there some time lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You need to put the emergency broadcast signal over a speaker in your estate Pellowe

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Yeah I have a boner for a megaphone with a remote CB style mic for it, and bolt it to the wingmirror

God I have so many ideas for this thing lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha you legend :L
Can't wait to see it in the flesh

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  police thebluepearl 77 19,243 23-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Motorway police... rtha6551 52 14,284 04-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Matt
Thumbs Up PROOF THE POLICE ONLY USE THE BEST CARS joelww 16 4,523 26-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark