April 2013 - Nürburgring?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 2013 - Nürburgring?
(18-01-2013, 08:09 PM)c.gerrard Wrote:
(18-01-2013, 06:31 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: B*stard Carl lol ill be leaving you behind at the track

As for walkie talkies i work for a radio place and should be able to get some proper radios for us to use on the cheap

Haha, we will see, we will see. I am glad actually we've got a nice range of cars going. '6 vs DT vs HDI, should be interesting....

You mean, you might be able to make some stock disappear!

Maybe Wink how many cars are going to be just 3/4?

It will be good having the range of cars to see who's best
Thanks given by:
good point can we get a quick number of people going now its arranged date ect

1.the milkman
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
As far as I know, Jonny, Tom and myself are definitely going and I get the impression Martyn is a bit undecided.

1.the milkman
2. c.gerrard
Thanks given by:
1.the milkman
2. c.gerrard
3. Jonny81191
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
1.the milkman
2. c.gerrard
3. Jonny81191
4. Rocker + probably Andy
Thanks given by:
I may have a plus one willing to throw some fuel money at someone
Thanks given by:
After looking at european breakdown cover they will only bring the car back to the uk based on market value of the car.. which means the car wont be getting back if something bad happens.

Someone of you may not care about leaving your car in europe but i do Tongue It would be like abandoning a child !

Really really want to go on this trip so im looking at getting a car just for this trip, might sound a little strange but if it breaks it no big loss.

Thats also providing someone will bring me back to the UK Tongue
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Might be worth noting what you'll need for driving in France, Germany etc

http://shop.theaa.com/content/driving-in-europe
Thanks given by:
Okay just started a new job today and made sure I could defo get this booked off before agreeing to work!! Result!
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 09:07 AM)the milkman Wrote: Okay just started a new job today and made sure I could defo get this booked off before agreeing to work!! Result!

LAD. lol

Thanks given by:
Jonny, thx for the pm, if the car is ready by then and my gearbox is still working id be happy to meet you guys somewhere around the ring, have a few beers etc.

Would be great fun i think!

Paul
Thanks given by:
1.the milkman
2. c.gerrard
3. Jonny81191
4. Rocker + probably Andy
5. Martyn

IM COMING

May never get the chance to go again so screw it.
Can't wait!
Anyone booked the ferry yet?

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
good man martyn!!! ermm think jonny and carl may have booked im booking next week Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ash I dunno what you would be booking lol im adding you as a passenger

Thanks given by:
So thats it the dates are 5th to the 12th? But what time for ferrys ?

7 days in europe and 37 hour predicted time (google) means we have to drive 5.2 hours a day to get back, so cant spend too long at the ring. or we can just have to drive longer Tongue

Jonny and c.gerrard what are you doing about getting to dover at 2am on friday? I also live not far from lakes so will have to leave at 8ish thursday night lol

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Ohhh so what do I owe you in that case jonny?
Thanks given by:
How much is it for a passenger on the ferry?
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2013, 09:55 PM)martyn92 Wrote: So thats it the dates are 5th to the 12th? But what time for ferrys ?

7 days in europe and 37 hour predicted time (google) means we have to drive 5.2 hours a day to get back, so cant spend too long at the ring. or we can just have to drive longer Tongue

Jonny and c.gerrard what are you doing about getting to dover at 2am on friday? I also live not far from lakes so will have to leave at 8ish thursday night lol

https://ferry.dfdsseaways.co.uk/Fares

There's the dates and prices for two adults. I'm suggesting the 4 am outbound to dunkirk, and the 6 pm return from calais.
I'm waiting for Carl's +1 to confirm, but if he hasn't by mid week, I'm just gonna book for me and ash, then it's concrete.

If you want to convoy with us Martyn, that's great, we'll sort that out. But I reckon we all just need to get the ferries, can meet on the boat or in the queue..

(25-01-2013, 10:18 PM)the milkman Wrote: Ohhh so what do I owe you in that case jonny?

Well ATM it's looking like £45 each way, so £45 lol

(25-01-2013, 10:24 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: How much is it for a passenger on the ferry?

Er.. Nothing, it seems to be the same price at the moment.

Thanks given by:
Yea sweet by me that mate, want it on the day or sending before?
Thanks given by:
We'll sort it on the trip, better get checking the exchange rates for euros!

Thanks given by:
Yea I thik its slowly but surely back on the rise but very slow so if it keeps going best just getting week before trip?
Thanks given by:
So I've just started to go through the logistics of the whole trip, which if I'm honest i haven't done yet.

So, if we arrive in Dunkirk Friday morning and then we spend all day getting to the Nurburgring. We then spend all Saturday at the track and to make sure there's enough time for the rest of the trip, I think we will only be able to spend half of Sunday there and aim for somewhere in the Stuttgart region to stop for the night.

That will then leave us with 30 hours driving between Mon 8th - Sat 13th. Which will mean taking a return ferry on Sunday morning, as I don't think we will want to cut it that close. Even though that would mean an average of 5 hours driving a day, due to the time of year we are there, the road are conditions could be potentially snowy (plus the fact we are in the MOST reliable cars in the world....).

The dates if we were to go down that route would be 5th April - 14th April. Coming back on the 14th in the morning would add an extra £10 to the cost.
If anyone does not like the sound of that plan or has any further ideas, post away Smile The only other option would be to spend longer at the Nurburgring and then cut sections of the road trip out.

On a separate personal note, my plus one dropped a bombshell the other day and said he might not be able to get the time off work. I'm still going to go, but if anyone on here fancies coming along, let me know! Just to give a rough idea of price, I reckon £200-£300.
Thanks given by:
carl jonny was mentioning a slight route change to original map you posted? any change is fine by me but could you post just to check it out please Smile and yea 5-14th is cool i'll tell work to go f*ck them selfs for the 2extra days Big Grin so excited for this!! defo the highlight of my year!

and my mate might come and call shotgun in someones car if thats cool? hes willing to chip in on fuel obviously but i'll confirm that once hes spoke to work Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I don't mind any changes, shouldnt be a problem for me.

However, how long are people wanting to stay at the ring for ? As obviously the longer spent there the less time to get round or visit somewhere else. Surely a day is enough?

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
You should possibly weigh in the factor that it could be closed due to someone stacking it. I went for three days, and the track was only open for about 5 hours total because people kept dieing
There was a crash at 10am on Friday and they shut it for the rest of the day.

We were pretty unlucky though!
Thanks given by:
I'll demand to go round and see a dead mother fucker!
Thanks given by:
BREAKING NEWS:

Jonny and I have now booked our ferries Big Grin

If you pop onto this website; http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/ and book the following.

Departing: Dover -> Dunkirk 02:00am Friday 5th April (Just to confirm, this effectively Thursday night)
Returning: Calais -> Dover 15:30pm Sunday 14th April.

It will cost £100.
Thanks given by:
sorted Big Grin actually got a slight semi when jonny told me its booked!
Thanks given by:
I have booked also Big Grin

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Legend.

Carl and I are leaving straight after work on thursday (5 ish)

then gonna kip for a bit in the ferry queue. If you're thinking similar, PM me your number (actually could you do that anyway) and we'll sort a convoy. But I'm not keen on waiting too long, I think we'd be better meeting at the ferry port.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurburgring trip 2018 Frosty 120 67,067 29-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 4,009 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Nurburgring 2016 MY95 66 25,181 29-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Lwilliams